17 year old

Guest nessyy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...ng-alcohol.html

would somebody pls help to sort everything out!

first they say "If customers look like they're under 25 and haven't got appropriate ID to prove they're over 18, they won't be sold alcohol.'"

then in the same article: "Shoppers buying alcohol at Tesco will have to prove they are 25 or over under new ID regulations imposed on the supermarket giant"

Last week i was having a "small social gathering" and went to tesco for booze etc and the cashier knocked me back! I'm 23 and had no ID with me so I was very sad ;) Even when I pointed out the fact I was the year above her 22 year old daughter at school she still wouldn't serve me! :D

some people are getting a bit confused by what was meant so seeing as i (used too) work for tesco. im gonna lay down the smacketh.

the goverment law is 18 to buy alcohol. till recently some stores operated a challenge 21 policy. meaning if they thought you looked younger than twenty one they could id you. this has changed to 25. so if they id you and you can prove you are over 18 you are fine you will get served. but if you look under 25 they are supposed to id you.

Yeah that's what I thought!

But people were trying to say you had to be older than 25, which is rubbish!

some people are getting a bit confused by what was meant so seeing as i (used too) work for tesco. im gonna lay down the smacketh.

the goverment law is 18 to buy alcohol. till recently some stores operated a challenge 21 policy. meaning if they thought you looked younger than twenty one they could id you. this has changed to 25. so if they id you and you can prove you are over 18 you are fine you will get served. but if you look under 25 they are supposed to id you.

Such a waste of time if you think about it...whats the difference between looking 21 and 25? you're still over 18! It's all a big waste of money on advertising, why not just quietly get along with ID'ing folk who don't look 18 and use the money elsewhere...like (and I'm sorry for offending anyone here) employing cashiers who can actually speak the english language? I'm specifically thinking about the Springburn Tesco in Glasgow...or more fit birds on tills...that would do...