The Great Escape - Highs & Lows

Guest Glowed Like Burnin' Coal

Hi,

just wondered whether people would be prepared to tell me if there were any particularly good or particularly bad bands that they saw at this year's Great Escape.

I saw 25 bands and amazed to report that not a single one was less than a 6/10. Bottom of my list was probably Gran Ronde as although I liked their music generally, they were very loud (Revenge 1st floor).

Absolute top of the pile were:

The Temper Trap

Hockey

The Alexandria Quartet

Ex Lovers

Hjaltalin

Kid British

There were so many good ones though I feel very, very lucky with what I saw. Not a dud in sight! Although I did review every single band's myspace page beforehand and that clearly paid dividends.

• 2 months later...

We had the misfortune to see Snish perform at Digital. Not my type of music at all, which is why we didn't enjoy them one bit.

Hockey were absolutely nails. Proper brilliant band. 2 awesome gigs and a great set of lads. Can't wait for Mind Chaos to come out.