MELT FESTIVAL...HELP APPRECIATED!

Guest andrew105

Hey guys

I am going to my first international festival this summer....decided to go to Melt Fest near Berlin. Have booked Ryanair flights that arrive at about 9am on the Friday morning and have a coach transfer to the festival at 10.30am. Does anyone know if there are any supermarkets within walking distance of the campsite to but booze or from the town?

Hey guys

I am going to my first international festival this summer....decided to go to Melt Fest near Berlin. Have booked Ryanair flights that arrive at about 9am on the Friday morning and have a coach transfer to the festival at 10.30am. Does anyone know if there are any supermarkets within walking distance of the campsite to but booze or from the town?

Thanks for the help guys! Arrive at Berlin Schonefeld at around 9am on the Friday morning and getting the shuttle bus straight from the aisport to the festival at about 11.30am. Maybe trying to find a supermarket within a reasonable walking distance of the airport coul be a shout.

How far away from the site is Dessau and roughly how much would a taxi return from the site cost?

Thanks for the help guys! Arrive at Berlin Schonefeld at around 9am on the Friday morning and getting the shuttle bus straight from the aisport to the festival at about 11.30am. Maybe trying to find a supermarket within a reasonable walking distance of the airport coul be a shout.

How far away from the site is Dessau and roughly how much would a taxi return from the site cost?

We stayed in Dessau last year in a hotel and travelled to the festival using the shuttle bus that Cool Tours was running (5 euros one way) or a taxi 40-45 euros one way. I don't think Cool Tours are running that bus this year. There are enough shops in Dessau to stock up but its a good 16km or so from the festival (which really is in the middle of nowhere). Schonefeld airport has some food/drink shops you can use when you land.

If I were you I'd buy your spirits (if that's what your into) from the UK airport shops after security. You can pick up beer from the Berlin airport. You are allowed alcohol in the campsite but not in the festival site. They do allow you to take in cardboard cartons of juice so just mix some vodka with apple for taking into the arena.

Or depending on how many of you are going you might want to consider hiring a car so you can stock up and keep your booze in the car. Its 19 euros per person one way for the bus from the airport to the festival. You can get a small hire car with Europcar for pretty much the same cost - £89. If there's more than 2 of you its probably easier, cheaper and less hassle.

Thanks for the help. Yeah, we are already booked on the shuttle bus from the airport to the festival site so i think our plan is to buy our spirits at the airport on the UK side and then hopefully a few beers when we get to the aisport in Berlin....pretty much as many as we can carry. Cant wait for the good times to begin!

Well I don't think its unreasonable to ask the shuttle bus people to stop off at a supermarket en route - afterall you have just flown in from another country. You should email to test the water.

If not you can mooch of off me!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...