Glasto truck arrived in the post today...

Guest ambientcoast

Make me an offer and if you can prise them out of the truck, they're all yours. :P

They've been sitting in it in front of the telly thing most of the evening and I've had to do at least 50 laps of the garden with them in it. Bloody heavy. I'm gonna need plenty of practice training for next month, I reckon.

nice truck, whats the load capacity? 6 crates?

Nah - that picture's very deceiving. Trust me. I caught them during the only 15 seconds of the day when they weren't knocking seven shades out of each other.

They've actually asked me to build some kind of partition down the middle of that truck so they won't be sitting 'next' to each other when they're in it. Jeez.

Edited by Laura_Babs

Great truck! Puts our wee trolley we've ordered to shame!! One question though....this is the first year we're taking a trolley and I'm wondering, how do you get them through the turnstyles? Do they have a separate gate ala the buggy gates at tube stations? :P

Yep, kids are coming... but we're in a camper van which should make things a bit more manageable!

We thought about getting one of those green garden trucks first, but they were way heavy by themselves. Not sure I would have fancied pulling one of them with two kids in around a farm for five days. :P

we have one of those - quite similar, but with a cover - great when dry - if muddy, just the hardest thing in the world to pull around, and without the help of people giving a push while I was pulling, would have been left on several occasions

with regards to the turnstyles, it is a bonus having the trolley, as the queues to get in are not as bad for the wider loads, which is a bonus

note for campervans - the hill of death is a nightmare pulling it up, so be warned

I bought a trolley today but not for glasto as im flying down so a bit impractical.

My dad bought one last year for moving bits and pieces and it seems sturdy so when i was over the road i picked one up.

ALDI trolley

Its okay its lightweight but the wheels are smaller and narrower than my dads one and it feels a bit cheaper. But im only going to be using it for festies when someone is driving had a similar trolley for 2007 fests and it managed 6 crates with ease.