wisdom needed

Guest HOT JON

Ok, i was going to tag this question onto the end of one of the other similar threads but thought that it would be a bit of a hijack and it wouldn't get answered.

I'm driving from near bournemouth (dorset) and have only been to glastonbury once before (2005) I didn't drive last time and am confused about which car park to go to and when is the best time to get there on the wednesday?

ideally i want to camp on pennards as i did last time and found it really good location wise (we were near the middle/top sufficient distance from what became 'the lake')

i guess i could just work this all out for myself but i thought since there's a hell of a lot of glasto experience on here it'd be best to suck on some of you lovely people's wisdom....

...oh and what is the nearest monorail stop and where can i get a timetable?

Head for West car parks by following the red route and it looks like 23 or 24 will be the closest for passenger gate D which is closest to Pennards. However where you park depends on when you arrive so arrive late and you will be on the outer car parks.

Once though the turnstiles you will see the platform for the monorail just to the left hand side. Pennards is 3 stops as I recall. Never managed to locate a timetable, but they were fast and frequent!

Edited by StoneCircle

ok, thanks a lot!

AA route planner is saying it'll take about 2hrs to get there from my house - thinking of leaving about 7 or 8am wednesday morning - anything wrong with that plan? how fast do the west car parks and pennards fill up?

i know it's still a long way off but i'm too excited and need to organise my disorganised friends

For the past 2 years we have been there for as close to the gate opening at 8am as possible which I would say you aim for too as it makes all the difference if you can park closer to the gate, especially if like us you intend leaving further supplies in the car!

You will be fine for space to camp in Pennards if arriving on Wednesday morning.