Bags

Guest D-Low

First festival really and tbh the only bag I have in my house is my old school one which I really cant see fitting anything in haha

What kind of bag is best to buy for carrying everything such as clothes, ground mats etc

Posting some links would help

Cheers guys!

I take a big camping rucksack for most of my gear, http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-1498.aspx I got it a couple of years ago on special offer so it cost about £20. its really comfy and holds plenty.

I also take a smaller school bag style bag for anything I might need before I set up camp i.e. tickets, jacket, snacks etc so that I'm not rooting around for stuff in the massive bag before I empty it properly in my tent.

I usually attach my camping mat to the outside of my bag, if you do this its best to wrap it in a bin bag or something first in case it rains

Edited by coma girl

I agree, Tesco isn't a bad bet at all (although Millets might have a sale on if you buy late). The only reason not to buy the cheapest one in the size you want is if you get one that has a built in rain cover. Those things are a godsend if it rains heavily on the day you get there, like it did in 2006 especially.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a 65L last year and have replaced it with a similar sized one as after two years of festivals and a bit of travelling the cheap Tesco one had died on me. It's definitely worth getting a decent sized one, even if travelling by car as it distributes the weight where you can handle it better meaning less stops on the walk to the site.

• 4 weeks later...