Checking ID on entry?

Guest mazjp

Hi guys!

Hoping to do Global Gathering this year, however come festival time I'm going to be a few months (3 to be exact) short of being 18. Just wondering if any of you could tell me if they're strict on ID etc, as I don't want to go and find out that I'm not allowed in :/

Hoping to go with my cousin who's 22, and I look older than my age so...

Please help as I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers!

Maz

Hi Maz.

Global Gathering has always been advertised a "stricly over 18's event" and they always state that ID is required upon upon entry, but every year I've been I've never seen anyone get ID'd, or been ID checked myself. One of my best mates is 21 but literally looks like a 14- year- old and he got in both times he came with no trouble at all.

It's more of a deterrant than anything else, although whether or not this year will be any stricter I can't say. Should be fine though mate, at the end of the day its just more hassle for them, unless they can they actually can be bothered to ID like 45,000 people.

Edited by digitalpunk

Hi Maz.

Global Gathering has always been advertised a "stricly over 18's event" and they always state that ID is required upon upon entry, but every year I've been I've never seen anyone get ID'd, or been ID checked myself. One of my best mates is 21 but literally looks like a 14- year- old and he got in both times he came with no trouble at all.

It's more of a deterrant than anything else, although whether or not this year will be any stricter I can't say. Should be fine though mate, at the end of the day its just more hassle for them, unless they can they actually can be bothered to ID like 45,000 people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

yeah im having the same problem im 17 and im going with a few mates who are 17 as well we dont look young i usually pass for 18 19 at least but we're still worried obviously we dont wanna lose our cash if we dont get in!!

do they not check id when you collect your tickets or anything??

is it worth chancing it do you think??

thanks,

kiz