Melt! Festival 2009: 17-19 July, Ferropolis

Guest ColFace

I think so. We never drove last year so not sure how close the supermarket is but I'm counting on one not being too far or getting one on the way out of Berlin. I stayed in Dessau and I'm sure we passed a supermarket on the bus journey there. There are no shops within walking distance of the festival so best to take what you'll need with you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

latest update:

Mainstage

Aphex Twin + Hecker

Travis

Klaxons

Röyksopp

Foals

Cold War Kids

+ 1 more act

Gemini Stage

Gossip

Simian Mobile Disco (live)

Jazzanova Live!

Crystal Castles

MSTRKRFT

Metronomy

Deadmau5

Bodi Bill

James Yuill

Big Wheel

Trentemøller (DJ-Set)

DJ Koze

Radio Slave

Matthew Herbert (DJ-Set)

Luke Slater (live)

Rex The Dog

DJ Phono

Pilooski

Markus Kavka

Kasper Bjørke

Melt! Klub @ Coca Cola Soundwave Discovery Tent

The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

The Dodos

LA Roux

The Virgins

This Will Destroy You

Gysbert zu Knyphausen

Red Bull Music Academy Floor

Goldie

Magnetic Man feat. Skream & Benga (live)

Kode 9 & Spaceape

Klute

Hudson Mowhake

Tim Exile

TRG

MC Justyce

Intro Revolutionspalast @ Orangerie

Fieber Tanzparty

King Kong Klub

Karrera Klub

u.v.a

Mainstage

Bloc Party

Digitalism (live)

Phoenix

The Whitest Boy Alive

Animal Collective

Jochen Distelmeyer

Baddies

u.v.a.

Gemini Stage

Boys Noize + Erol Alkan

!!! (chk chk chk)

WhoMadeWho

Mediengruppe Telekommander

Filthy Dukes

Super 700

u.v.a.

Big Wheel 10 Jahre Bpitch presents

Ellen Allien

Paul Kalkbrenner

Kiki

Hell

James Holden

A Critical Mass feat. Henrik Schwarz

Âme

Dixon (live)

Tobias Thomas

Matias Aguayo

Scharrenbroich trifft Gunjah

Melt! Klub @ Coca Cola Soundwave Discovery Tent

Muff Potter

Anna Ternheim

The Wedding Present

Caribou

Bonaparte

The New Wine

Berlin-Bergen-Surprise-Mash-up

Mikroboy

u. a.

Red Bull Music Academy Floor

Diplo

Buraka Som Sistema

Mujava

Jesse Rose

Boy8Bit

Thunderheist

Daniel Haaksman

u. a.

Revolver Club

Les Yper Sound

Team Recorder

u. a.

Mainstage

Oasis

Kasabian

Polarkreis 18

Glasvegas

Patrick Wolf

Passion Pit

u.v.a.

Gemini Stage

Tiga

Brodinski

Yuksek

Shir Khan

DJ Supermarkt

u.a.

Team Recorder

Intro DJ Team

Michael Mac (Club NME)

Sleepless Floor

(Sat. 07 am - Mon. apr 2pm nonstop)

10 Jahre Bpitch continues:

Ellen Allien

Sascha Funke

Kiki

Zander VT

ND Baumecker

Dinky

Empro

Skinnerbox

Ruede Hagelstein

Marcus Meinhardt

Markus Welby

Sven Jozwiak

David Dorad

Fabiano

Channel X

Philipp Cerfontaine

Fraenzen Texas

Kassette Boys

Gunnar Stiller

u. v. a.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all. Got our tickets all sorted to travel from Jersey across France Belgium and where ever else for what looks like a great festival . Just wondered if anyone knows if they have space for motorhomes on the campsite? Some festivals allow you to book a spot beforehand with an extra surcharge but can't see anything on their website about this ... I guess if not we'll just have to camp as usual, but would still be nice to have the option . Any recommendations on places to camp then? peace, love and windmills. josh

In previous years you could camp next to your tent but not this year. It is a pretty laid back place thought and I don't think anyone will object to you parking up a campervan in the car park. Just take a tent though - just in case. xx

hi!

I've bought tickets to Melt from lastminute in Aust, says I need to pick them up at the venue. This sounds fine although I'm just imagining myself rocking only to hear "nien" or I was supposed to collect them in Berlin, i dunno.

Is venue pick-up common practise with lastminute?

Also, I'm looking to fly in from Mykonos on the 16th, get in at 11:10pm, then grab a bus from the airport straight to the festival camp there for the night.

Do many people camp there on the 16th? Are there even busses running to the festival from the airport that day?

Second (are more probably more sensible) option would be to stay the night in Berlin or Dressau on the 16th, then go in the morning of the 17th. Though I was originally keen not to do this as its paying another nights accomodation & transfer (not sure how much train from berlin-festival is), plus Dressau could be full!

Any suggestions on this front?

thanks heaps.

hi!

I've bought tickets to Melt from lastminute in Aust, says I need to pick them up at the venue. This sounds fine although I'm just imagining myself rocking only to hear "nien" or I was supposed to collect them in Berlin, i dunno.

Is venue pick-up common practise with lastminute?

Also, I'm looking to fly in from Mykonos on the 16th, get in at 11:10pm, then grab a bus from the airport straight to the festival camp there for the night.

Do many people camp there on the 16th? Are there even busses running to the festival from the airport that day?

Second (are more probably more sensible) option would be to stay the night in Berlin or Dressau on the 16th, then go in the morning of the 17th. Though I was originally keen not to do this as its paying another nights accomodation & transfer (not sure how much train from berlin-festival is), plus Dressau could be full!

Any suggestions on this front?

thanks heaps.

Hi,

I am flying into Berlin from Edinburgh on Wed 15th July. I am stayin in Berlin for 1 night and was intending to bus or train it to the festival on Thursday 16th.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to do this, or if it is even possible?

I am aware there is a shuttle from Berlin Main station on Friday but like the poster above I would rather go to the festival rather than pay to stay an extra night in Berlin (no offence any Berliners).

Any help appreciated, Thanks,

Grifter: I think Melt did sell out last year so you should try and get your tix asap. There certainly seems to be more Brits planning to go.

skateboardc: Trains - you can get a train direct from Schonefeld or Alexanderplatz through to Dessau then hop on one of the shuttle buses from Dessau to the festival site. Try the links below:

http://www.meltfestival.de/images09/melt_2009_bus.pdf

There is a direct train from Alexanderplatz at 44 mins past each hour and it takes 2 hours:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe...afasScrollDir=1

Are you flying solo?

Grifter: I think Melt did sell out last year so you should try and get your tix asap. There certainly seems to be more Brits planning to go.

skateboardc: Trains - you can get a train direct from Schonefeld or Alexanderplatz through to Dessau then hop on one of the shuttle buses from Dessau to the festival site. Try the links below:

http://www.meltfestival.de/images09/melt_2009_bus.pdf

There is a direct train from Alexanderplatz at 44 mins past each hour and it takes 2 hours:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe...afasScrollDir=1

Are you flying solo?

skateboardc: Cool, there's 3 of us going for Glasgow meeting up with another 2 who are flying in from London. We've hired a car and are going to risk the crazy autobahn. We're flying in from Budapest having just come from the Exit festival. I may well have bitten off more than I can chew. xx

skateboardc: Cool, there's 3 of us going for Glasgow meeting up with another 2 who are flying in from London. We've hired a car and are going to risk the crazy autobahn. We're flying in from Budapest having just come from the Exit festival. I may well have bitten off more than I can chew. xx

skateboardc: You'll not really get a balanced answer from me on that as I do not think very highly of T. Last year was my 11th year and I'll never go back.. As far as I'm concerned its an over-priced Nazi state swarming with neds and bams.

Melt is very different. There's very little security compared to TITP, probably because its not needed. All the punters are there for a good time and have no interest in stealing, thieving or throwing piss. Despite the fact that lots of folk are getting wrecked there are very few casualties who are totally wasted. The drink is quite expensive though.

The arena site itself is very compact and you can get from one stage to another in about 5 mins. They have real toilets as well. Its nowhere near as rammed as TITP. The camping section is a fair trek from the arena though but they run a free shuttle bus between the two - its about 2km. The shuttle bus is a bit of a free for all cos no other country quite likes to queue like the Brits!

The merchandise/info stall is really cool as the festival guide is free and you can buy copies of some of the sets either as audio or video on a usb for a about 5 euros. The food is alright as well.

We're not in the Mixery bit - there is another company you can just rent a tent from already put up - a bit like Tangerine fields in the UK. We've hired an 8 man tent between 5 of us rather than paying the airline fees to take one over. It was only 132 euros for 4 nights so works out under £23 for each of us - bargain! :O They do smaller tents as well if this would be an option for you?

Most of the arena is concrete as well so if it rains like last year its not much of a disaster. There's a big lake you can swim in if its warm enough. There's also showers in the campsite. Are you in the Mixery? xx

skateboardc: You'll not really get a balanced answer from me on that as I do not think very highly of T. Last year was my 11th year and I'll never go back.. As far as I'm concerned its an over-priced Nazi state swarming with neds and bams.

Melt is very different. There's very little security compared to TITP, probably because its not needed. All the punters are there for a good time and have no interest in stealing, thieving or throwing piss. Despite the fact that lots of folk are getting wrecked there are very few casualties who are totally wasted. The drink is quite expensive though.

The arena site itself is very compact and you can get from one stage to another in about 5 mins. They have real toilets as well. Its nowhere near as rammed as TITP. The camping section is a fair trek from the arena though but they run a free shuttle bus between the two - its about 2km. The shuttle bus is a bit of a free for all cos no other country quite likes to queue like the Brits!

The merchandise/info stall is really cool as the festival guide is free and you can buy copies of some of the sets either as audio or video on a usb for a about 5 euros. The food is alright as well.

We're not in the Mixery bit - there is another company you can just rent a tent from already put up - a bit like Tangerine fields in the UK. We've hired an 8 man tent between 5 of us rather than paying the airline fees to take one over. It was only 132 euros for 4 nights so works out under £23 for each of us - bargain! :ph34r: They do smaller tents as well if this would be an option for you?

Most of the arena is concrete as well so if it rains like last year its not much of a disaster. There's a big lake you can swim in if its warm enough. There's also showers in the campsite. Are you in the Mixery? xx

I'm hardly the Oracle. I've just done my research on the Melt website and I went last year. I'm also anal about organising.

After Melt you'll def reconsider whether or not to waste dosh on UK fests in the future.

If you're camping you really need to stock up before you get there as the site is miles from any shops.

Personally I would go the Thursday. We are this year as we met so many cool people but had to head back to our hotel in Dessau each night. The Germans were quite surprised we made the effort to come to Melt when we have Glasto on the UK but that's like comparing apples with pears.

Send me a PM if you fancy hooking up with us on the Thursday. xx

I'm hardly the Oracle. I've just done my research on the Melt website and I went last year. I'm also anal about organising.

After Melt you'll def reconsider whether or not to waste dosh on UK fests in the future.

If you're camping you really need to stock up before you get there as the site is miles from any shops.

Personally I would go the Thursday. We are this year as we met so many cool people but had to head back to our hotel in Dessau each night. The Germans were quite surprised we made the effort to come to Melt when we have Glasto on the UK but that's like comparing apples with pears.

Send me a PM if you fancy hooking up with us on the Thursday. xx