Fuji Rock 2009

Guest Bort

• 2 weeks later...
I went a couple of years ago.I went to Japan on my honeymoon and went to the festival when I was there. Tickets were a pain to get hold of. I think you had to email them and they then emailed back with a confirmation number and then you had to do a bank transfer quoting your reference number. They then email you to let you know you have tickets. You just then pick them up at the festival.It's also quite expensive. I think it was about £200 back in 2.

It's a really beautiful site. the stages are hidden amounst the forest and to get between stages there is a wooded trail through the tree's lit with fairy lights. Half way through the trail there is a tiny area where bands play. One of the stages you have to go on a cable car to get to.

It's just simply a wonderful festival! it's a bit like glastonbury in the respect that it's very eco friendly and has an eco message. No one drops litter and I've never seen such a strict recycling system. They even handed out portable ashtrays for smokers so you didn't drop fag ends on the floor!

oh! and there is a mountain stream that runs through the site and everyone uses it to wash in the morning. some of the rocks in the stream are painted different colors with little faces.My husband took his shoes off to wash and randomly some people started taking photo's of him. I'm not sure if they thought he was in a band or were amused at his giant size 11 converse!.

I really want to go again! the best thing about it is that I saw loads of amazing japanese bands that were obviously huge in Japan (they were headlining above bands like the rhcp and the strokes) that I would have never heard of otherwise. I bought loads of cd's of bands I saw that always bring back memories of my trip. Everyone is really polite and there is no pushing and crushing in the crowds. Oh and it was fun to find fish and chips in the world food section ! ;) At this point in my trip I was gasping for a cup of tea so I asked the britsh staff if they sold it. They didn't but they had some for the staff so were happy to make me a cuppa every morning!

I didn't see many brits out there.The only ones we saw were from bands performing and the british food stall people. It's a long way away but worth the effort