• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Latest Activity

• 2009 - Blur and Neil Young. My favourite ever Glasto. Blur may be my favourite ever gig. 2003 - First proper one, REM, David Gray and Moby, plus Radiohead. 2008 - Jay-Z and all that 2004 - An average Oasis plus McCartney. 2017 - Radiohead - took the wife for the first time, she loved it. 2005 - All round great weekend - manage to get a boss spec at the back of the pyramid for camping. Indie peak year. 2007 - Mate got nicked bringing pills in for someone else as he was coming down on the Friday, was arrested and his house back at home got raided; took a bit of the shiner off things. Great weekend otherwise. 2019 - Unreal weather, first time in a campervan. Love The Cure. 2011 - Pissed it down for U2, but pretty solid weekend. 2013 - Don't remember it being the best year,  2010 - Worst combination of headliners for me, was looking forward to Gorillaz at the time, cant remember many highlights. 2002 - Year of the wall - bought an 'artist' ticket off a tout outside. Heavies didn't believe we were relatives of an artist on the re-entry gate on the Saturday of the festival following a beer run. Threw in the back of a van and driven offsite ready for a kicking. Never seen so much 'special' security forces there. Mayhem outside, and dodgy as hell. Somehow got the Glasto bug that being said.    
    • Don’t think I could rank them all in order, but top three are probably…   2009 (definitely number 1). Only year I’ve seen all 3 pyramid headliners (not that it’s essential, I’ve had years where I’ve seen none, but there’s something special about a great pyramid headline set, just the scale of it and the enormous sense of community). Blur remain among my favourite ever sets at the festival. Weather was great, thunderstorm on Thursday not enough to require boots on Friday, definitely remember sitting on the hill in the park for the afternoon in the warm sun! Also probably by far the biggest group we’ve had at the festival, 40+ from all over given how easy it was to get tickets that year. Surprise of the weekend was Pendulum on the Other, who I really didn’t expect to enjoy as much!    2005. Complete opposite in terms of the size of the group, just me and my best mate. Knew a few others that we met up with over the festival, but it was a simple week and despite the biblical floods, weather was actually lovely otherwise and I was in short sleeves the whole time. Musical highlights were White Stripes, Brian Wilson, Bright Eyes (even if Conor was completely wasted), and again, completed unexpectedly, Kasabian on the Other. Decided to see them on a whim and ended up going to see them again a few weeks later. Scouser in the van next to us was a legend and spectacularly good craic. Made our festival.    2017. Took a break for a couple of years after our daughter was born in 2015, so this one was special, not least because Radiohead were fantastic (I still regularly look at Let Down on YouTube…sublime). Perfect weather (not too hot (apart from Wednesday), not too cold). Biggest surprise this year was Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes. Knew The Killers were the TBA and had gone to the JP to see King Gizzard, so hung on as it had gotten busy. Bloody hell they were good (as were King Gizz and The Killers).    Plenty of highlights from other years…purely on music, 2007 would actually be up there (Fogerty on WH remains my all time favourite set at the festival), the Friday Other stage lineup may have been my most stacked run ever (Modest Mouse, SFA, Bright Eyes, Arcade Fire and Björk…and I actually wandered off during Björk to see Jim Bob and Ned’s Atomic Dustbin in Left Field), but it was a bloody slog in every other way.
    • 2009- Bruce, Neil Young, Blur and a cracking line up   2010 - blazing sun, the hold steady, slash and Ray Davies    2008 - I know I had a good time but have very little memory of what happened due to purple crystals
    • a friend in the UK got through on resale day for us both wasn't sure if mind would come in the post or be at the box office at ped gate A, like the internationals last year.  she rang seetickets and they told her that mine would be delivered to her flat. Seems odd but ok!
    • Shindig in Somerset got hammered last night and today - at one point thunder lightning and hail! Worst of it was the heavy rain then the sun coming out giving you hope and it then bucketing down again ( and again and again etc) sloppy wet mud conditions and the lanes all around quite flooded in places. At least I gave the wellies an outing and learnt how not to pack up a tent in the rain! 
  • Featured Products

• Hot Topics

• Latest Tourdates