DRINK

Guest violet

Hi everyone its my first time at Wychwood cant wait yeahh I have noticed on the website that it says you cant bring your own drink onto the festival site. Was it the same last year and if so can you smuggle it in or is it cheap enough to buy? B)

Hi Violet and welcome to the busiest and freindliest forum on efests!

From my hazey memories of 2006 we were searched at the gate each time we went from the campsite into the 'arena' but it wasn't a full frisking so maybe you could bring a little something in with you. the bars seemed to be around bar prices for that part of the world, so if you're from up north you might notice a difference. The one thing we did notice was the difficulty getting service in the bars. I think the staff are all volunteers and not quite used to having crowds bearing down on them. mind you this was two years ago now so things could be different this year.

See you in a week B)

[ Oh yes--this is turning into a veritable cornucopia of literary delight this is... ANOTHER NEWBIE....

Guten abend Violet.

I loved that film--cant remember name of it--bit of a road movie...american of course... had that song in it ....

"..and she wore bluuuuuee violet" it was like with twangy guitar,hawaiin sort of. Bloke had a few similar hits.

Oh anyway Vee... oooh do you remember that on the tele--- V... aliens came to earth in the guise of being friendly-- but after watching it for 6 weeks--you finally got a glimpse of what they were really like--REPTILIAN they were. Then OF COURSE -- the love element came in and a young lass was porked--reptile fashion..and in a matter of weeks --she gives birth to this half-human --half reptile thing--but as i recall--this child ens up saving mankind. Or is that another film?

What was your post about Vee? Oh yes Lash-Water.... You always find the first night/day the stewarduing is fairly strict and searching a bit more thorough. having the kids def acts as a "screen" and pushchairs and the like are a great source for "illegals".. howver--if yer on yer tod--and yer waltz up to the gate with a huge backpack --rattlin and clangin--they gonna have a goosey aren`t they?

I personally try not to take the piss whenit comes to taking ale in--- howver--it becomes an expensive do if yer buying ALL yer lash at bar prices--and then theres the obligatory night time nose-bag of course--all adds up doesnt it.

I`d say Violet, have some gulps at your living quarters and see how the land lies at the gate, then continue on inside.. and of course-- a few more posts--- and you may be able to apply for a ticket to one of the special vans... now what do you think of that me likkle Vee?

Den

Hi everyone its my first time at Wychwood cant wait yeahh I have noticed on the website that it says you cant bring your own drink onto the festival site. Was it the same last year and if so can you smuggle it in or is it cheap enough to buy? B)

[/quote

You can take as much booze as you like onto the campsite and get pissed as a fish and then join the music arena. Remember Mr Wychood watches everything ! but I had no problem taking a couple of cans into the restricted area last year disguised as 2 beer cans. The beer sold on site isn't brilliant and nor is it a fair price but I am, as Mr Blue suggests, from 'Up North' where beer is cheap and excellent. £3 for a short measure flat pint where is your head? You could always decant your beer into a sleeping bottle and strap it to your stomach with a tube out and say you have colostomy. That should put the beggars off a full body search!! Alternatively using postie red rubber bands you could assemble minature bottles of alcohol around your neck and ankles and belly dance past security chanting 'hare rama hare krishna'!! clinking as you go

Another wheeze is to say 'oh can't you take beer in?'- oh well I will drink it here ' commence supping and when security is distracted place an empty can secreted on your person into their very green black plastic bag and say a heartily thanks..tends to be less successful in daylight.

Or you could try the old my friends suffers from seizures and as you enter into detail as to how they manifest themselves your friend drops writhing to the ground and you announce that you need to search fora ST JA as you trolley your beer barrel in.

I just hope ole Wychie Wood is as sensible this year as last year!!!

I've always found that this works well:

Take the bladder out of a box of wine and wrap it in a jumper. Place into a bag and then put decoy cans in your bag, where they will be easily found but not too obvious. Security find them, you have a laugh and a joke with them to distract them from looking any deeper into your bag, go through, get drunk. ;)

Edited by Dr Seuss

This will be my first Wychwood as well.

Are there any tap water sources in the festival village that we can use to fill up a bottle? or is it a case of shelling out ££ to add to the mound of waste plastic in local landfill by mineral water?

good to see the old tricks for smuggling booze in are alive and well!!

strictly speaking teh stewards can only ask to look in your bag. if they touch it, it's an illegal search - even if they are employed by a security firm. you need a warrant card to do a physical search without consent and only police and customs and excise have them. that said, if you refuse to let them look in your bag they can refuse to let you in... :lol:

The beer sold on site isn't brilliant and nor is it a fair price but I am, as Mr Blue suggests, from 'Up North' where beer is cheap and excellent. £3 for a short measure flat pint where is your head?

I seem to recall "The Festival" saying one year,that one reason for limiting the amount of booze being brought in ,was to stop folk from trawling in with cool boxes etc..and just "setting up camp" in the arena...

(..Guilfest anyone?... :lol: )

I don't think they're to concerned with the odd can or two....(well they havn't been for the last 3 years,anyway!)

This is what rags people up isnt it--- the irksome steward who attempts to take the slightest bit of drink away from you... but this is not like err Manchester Arena or summatt where they DO take the lot off yer... in general-- as long as people dont go bee-serk its usually ok takin a bit of ale in--and def soft drinks-- I would kick up a stink about that --having to pay £1.50 or more for sooft drinks for 2 kids plus IS not being able to consume The Lash.

Of course--they (organisers) cannot openly say -- Aye just bring what yer want in--we`ll turn a blind eye cos eggs is eggs and they`d be trouble.

I also feel somewhat obliged to buy SOME drinks from the bar too--- thats only fair--if only to legitemately get a plastic glass!

plastic glass???? why do we say that? I cant bring myself to have beer etc etc --in a plastic cup. Can thou?

Nah--plastic glass it is.

den--feezin,wet and windy still.

Never had a problem taking my own drink in (in rucksack), but if you walk through swigging out of a can as you go you'll probably get asked to finish it first or throw away. Basically just be sensible and don't take the mickey. You can always take a few in to start and go back to tent for more supplies.

i haven't had any probs...to be honest though i tend to have a drink before heading off from our tent, then just take a few bottles in a satchel and drink onsite....but then again the beer at the festy is one of the best festy's for beer i've been to. good ale and also look out for screech..a really easy to drink cider, which does the job!

i haven't had any probs...to be honest though i tend to have a drink before heading off from our tent, then just take a few bottles in a satchel and drink onsite....but then again the beer at the festy is one of the best festy's for beer i've been to. good ale and also look out for screech..a really easy to drink cider, which does the job!