Valencia airport to Benicassim

Guest Chandan

First time to Benicassim and I have a few questions....

There's 4 of us on this flight and we land at Valenica airport on Monday evening at 8.30pm. Anyone else on this flight?

Anyone know how much a taxi will set us back? Can we get to the legendary Bonet campsite for cheaper via bus, train, etc?

Will we be allowed entry into the campsite at such a late time?

I don't know whether to bring a fleece or light jacket. Does it get cold at all in the evenings? Doesn't seem like it would from the postings I have read but if someone can confirm that would be really helpful.

TWO MANY DJS....CANNOT WAIT! (Sorry I looked at last year's line-up!)

Thanks

Chandan ;)

Edited by Chandan

First time to Benicassim and I have a few questions....

There's 4 of us on this flight and we land at Valenica airport on Monday evening at 8.30pm. Anyone else on this flight?

Anyone know how much a taxi will set us back? Can we get to the legendary Bonet campsite for cheaper via bus, train, etc?

Will we be allowed entry into the campsite at such a late time?

I don't know whether to bring a fleece or light jacket. Does it get cold at all in the evenings? Doesn't seem like it would from the postings I have read but if someone can confirm that would be really helpful.

TWO MANY DJS....CANNOT WAIT!

Thanks

Chandan ;)

hiya,

was just wondering where you got your car hire deal from because i've been looking and got a quote for £160 for 7 days! so yours sounds much better!

we're thinking of hiring a car as our flight back is at 10am on monday...so we really don't want to miss it!

thanks.

;)

hiya,

was just wondering where you got your car hire deal from because i've been looking and got a quote for £160 for 7 days! so yours sounds much better!

we're thinking of hiring a car as our flight back is at 10am on monday...so we really don't want to miss it!

thanks.

;)

Hire a car.

A taxi one way will cost almost as much, and you'll struggle to get a taxi back (Benicassim has a major taxi problem - during the FIB they are practically non-existent).

The FIB bus that goes between the airport and Benicassim is not that cheap (€20 last year) and you can't reserve places on it so if you've got a plane to catch you need to queue up for hours in the sweltering heat to make sure you get on it.

Another advantage of having a car is you can get out of town if you want to and between 4 of you it's not expensive.

Hire a car.

A taxi one way will cost almost as much, and you'll struggle to get a taxi back (Benicassim has a major taxi problem - during the FIB they are practically non-existent).

The FIB bus that goes between the airport and Benicassim is not that cheap (€20 last year) and you can't reserve places on it so if you've got a plane to catch you need to queue up for hours in the sweltering heat to make sure you get on it.

Another advantage of having a car is you can get out of town if you want to and between 4 of you it's not expensive.

Taxi we got quoted for last year was 100 euros approx. I wore denium skirt, vest top and flip flops for the most part. It never got cold and we were out ranging between 3am and 6am each morning.

It was a full nightmare trying to get the bus back to airport on the tuesday. We got there at 5.30am and it was manic when the first bus arrived at 7am. We are going to avoid this at all costs this year.

Cant wait here is hoping kings of leon and bloc party can make it!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late replies. I moved house a couple of months back, immediately bulged/slipped one of my discs and couldn't move for ages. Unfortunately, we'd requested Virgin Media to hook us up for phone & inernet and they made a right royal balls up of it. So, we coughed up 125quid for BT (and this for a rented apartment!) and FINALLY I'm in touch with the outside world again. Two months isolated in a small room without phone or internet... good job I'm taking valium as a muscle relaxant is all I can say!

Anyway - VLC to Benicassim on the Monday before the festival.

Should be dead easy!

Last train from Valencia (Estacion del Nord - North Station) to Castellon

http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/valencia/index_horarios.html

is at 22:30 (first is at 05:55)

The trains on this timetable shouldn't cost more than about 5Euros each - you're looking at 'cercanias' which ae local trains, not the intercity Euromed and Talgo trains with higher prices.

There are regular buses from Valencia airport to Valencia station for under 2 Euros a head. A taxi should take less than 10 minutes and cost about 14-15Euros - taxi might be the best way in order to guarantee a place on that 22:30 train.

You may be able to get a bus from Castellon to Benicasim, if not a taxi shouldn't cost more than about 20Euros as the Monday will still be quite quiet (most people will arrive later in the week).

Hiring a car could turn into a real headache, the 'military' police (Guardia Civil) will be out in force checking your papers, checking for drugs and signs of intoxication. And the likelihood of someone denting your bumper, smashing your windows (or worse) is pretty high so you may end up paying a hefty penalty to the car hire company.

My suggestion is to find somewhere in Valencia itself for Monday night. Hotels are pretty cheap (it shouldn't cost you more than 25Euros a night each) and there are some amazing things to see in this city.

Visit http://www.cac.es in the morning and get a cheap cercanias train to Castellon and then to Benicassim later in the day.

If you get to Valencia city by bus from the airport, the trip should cost you around 7Euros all in from VLC airport to Benicassim and you'll have had a marvellous day in Valencia (the hotel will be able to look after your luggage - I don't believe there are left luggage facilities at Valencia station).

Let me know if you need any more info or hotel suggestions if you're interested in doing this.

(at www.bookings.net you can get the 4* Silken Puerta Valencia at 56Euros for a twin room - I love this place, it's REALLY nifty and dead convenient for the CAC, but there are certainly plenty of cheaper options around -

http://www.nesthostelsvalencia.com/purple/...ia-index-en.php - Offers beds in A/Cd rooms at 15Euros per night )

Edited by LapLap

• 2 years later...

Didn't want to stay going through all the posts so i am really sorry if someone has already answered this.

Last year i didn't need to catch the FIB bus because a friend picked me up, don't think he will be able to this year and so i have been trying to book a place on the bus for the past week. I fill in everything and when i go to the last page it tells me that the thing is busy. Has this happened to anyone else?

I will be flying up to Spain on the Monday and landing at 4AM so i guess i can just go and buy a ticket from there and be one of the first.

• 1 year later...