Weekend ticket holder - staying in hotel outside of Reading?

ArkTek94

Hi,

Me & my sister will be attending Reading for the second time. Last time we stayed in the pink moon camp area which was ok (good service, can’t really knock it!). We aren’t keen to stay in the main camp areas and found camping altogether last time wasn’t entirely for us despite really enjoying the festival itself. 

Whilst we debate weather we want to camp again or not, we’ve reserved a premier inn about 12 miles outside of Reading with intention to drive in each day. I simply wanted to know if anyone else on here has done similar and did you find the traffic getting in & out each day too much of a hassle? 

Last year we didn’t go to the main arena until 12-2pm each day as the majority of the acts we wanted to see weren’t until 4pm onwards - so the concern for us is more getting out at the end of the night.

We’ve already booked white camp parking for the weekend (initially thinking we would pink moon camp again) - what would be the best car park to book and are they happy for us to enter & leave at any time of day or night? 

Ultimately if it’s too much hassle, we will just pink moon. 

Appreciate anyone else’s opinions or experiences.

Thank you!