Hi! I'm from the United States, but I'll be spending the summer in England and I am really interested in going to V Fest at Weston Park. The only thing is, that I would have to go alone (I'm coming to England by myself to do an internship) so I'm wondering what the environment is like at this festival?

Meeting new people is normally my favorite part of festivals- is it relatively easy to make new friends at this event?

What about making good enough friends to camp with? I would probably do this ahead of time online, so I'm not sure how sketchy people might be in the UK festival scene- in the U.S. it is normally pretty easy to make new friends at events and a lot of people talk with others ahead of time and plan to camp with other groups that they might not know... does this happen here as well?

Or if that is a bad idea, would I be able to rent a room somewhere close by (for an okay price) by myself and feel relatively safe?

I would love to go to this event, but since I will most likely be by myself, I need to make sure I would be safe first.

Thanks for the help!!