Staying offsite. Push bike to & from festival site ok?

Bristle

Hi,

New to the forum from Melbourne, Australia.

I was wondering if you're staying away from the site (eg Penrith) is it ok to ride a bicycle to and from the site every morning and night? Anywhere to lock up bikes? Terrain ok for bikes?

Any responses would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Bristle

Hey,

I can't give a definitive answer if they will let you on and off site though I can't see it being a major issue, people leave the site to go to the cars etc so can't see how they would stop you if they wanted to. There are no specific areas for bikes or locking them up but there is plenty of trees out of the way you could chain the bike to or you could contact Kendal calling directly via there web page to see if they would be able to provide somewhere secure for your bike (i've found them very helpful in the past) http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/contact/

The terrain getting from Penrith to Lowther Deer Park is fine, mainly smooth main roads with no major hills. I'd put it down to about 30 mins at a steady pace. As you head to the site it does get a little more dirt path with cattle grids but nothing that would stop you really.

Hope this helps a little and enjoy Kendal Calling if you go, its an awesome small festival with great people.

Andy