Am I the only one who doesn't see the point of the Undercover Stage?

Guest Lewis Cato

Does the Undercover Stage really gather that much interest among the V crowd? Although plenty of festivals pride themselves on being at the cutting edge of the music scene and presenting new acts does enough of a minority of the V crowd really care about finding new music? V is very much a pop-orientated festival with an ever increasing pop-orientated crowd with an ever-decreasing interest in discovering new acts, and with V's far inferior ability to maintain it's finger on the pulse of hype in comparision to R + L and Glasto is there much reasoning to run the stage at all?

Does the Undercover Stage really gather that much interest among the V crowd? Although plenty of festivals pride themselves on being at the cutting edge of the music scene and presenting new acts does enough of a minority of the V crowd really care about finding new music? V is very much a pop-orientated festival with an ever increasing pop-orientated crowd with an ever-decreasing interest in discovering new acts, and with V's far inferior ability to maintain it's finger on the pulse of hype in comparision to R + L and Glasto is there much reasoning to run the stage at all?

it consistently has the most interesting lineup of any stage at the festival and is an absolute must to keep!

also as the last poster points out, it is by no means a "new bands" stage and has never been marketed as such. if you read the marketing speel about it last year it is described as "bringing together legendary acts with up and coming artists".

i cant wait to see who is announced for it this year as i know il be spending a good percentage of my festival there.

Super Furry Animals were ace headlining it in 2005.

It was originally a new bands only tent but they ditched it after 1 year and made it mostly new bands and some bigger older acts who aren't huge anymore.

Bet GLC will be in there again!

EDIT - Mystery Jets were brilliant in there in 2009 [i think it was] too! Think they subbed?

Edited by luckysalt