Packing

Guest Churchills Mohican

Right chaps, has anyone got any tips for fitting stuff into rucksacks most effectively?

I've got a 60l hiking rucksack borrowed from college after duke of ed. That was less days than this, and I struggled then!

Has anyone got any tips (apart from taking less clothes, I know that ones a given...) on the best way to fit stuff in? Any suggestions for home-made vaccuum things that suck all the air out of clothes? Travelling by public transport.. It's going to be interesting... Haha

Cheers

Churchill

Footwear at the bottom is always the way, also try and fit as much in the small pockets as possible before you start on the main section, it's amazing how much space you can save by shoving your pants and socks in the side pockets :) Waterproofs to the top just in case you get rained on in the queue.

EDIT: Tesco have those vacuum bags pretty cheap, you just seal them and set your hoover on them :)

Edited by glasto_mongrel_2008

Currently suffering from too many shoes that isn't like me at all, but is necessary. Work smart shoes (going straight from a conference thing), hardcore sandles, steel toe caps (for working after fest) + thinking I should also get some wellies.

I'm off to poundland for their vacuum pack bags (1 for a quid).

Don't forget, if you put your underwear in side pockets to make sure they are in a waterproof bag - I got wet on the way in one year and had to wear wet knickers for the rest of the weekend!

Currently suffering from too many shoes that isn't like me at all, but is necessary. Work smart shoes (going straight from a conference thing), hardcore sandles, steel toe caps (for working after fest) + thinking I should also get some wellies.

I'm off to poundland for their vacuum pack bags (1 for a quid).