Melt! 2011

Guest branvan

It may not the cheapest, as the eufest coach could do it direct for about €57... and the train would be cheaper by about €20 if you went by Alexanderplatz. You will also be about €4 each for the bus from Dessau to Ferropolis. Although you may have got a different price than me when you checked.

The other problem you have is getting your food/drink. Also, the campsite does not open till 1800 so it's a fair wait about. There is no shelter from sun/rain also.

M Our plan is to take the S-bahn into Alexanderplatz, get supplies, then take train to Dessau. I see Efest have a coach running but if there is more than you going it works out cheaper taking train from Berlin to Dessau. You can still get a train for up to 5 people for €29 one way.

At Dessau, there are buses that run every 20mins to an hour depending on time of day. You cannot book this bus, instead it's basically a big free for all and cost €4-5. Is there is no room on the first bus that comes you will be certain of a seat on the following bus.

Ok just booked 29EU rail ticket that covers 5 people to Dessau Hbf. Is this the station that the transfer buses go from?? I bloody hope so! the Melt website is pretty confusing with regards to shuttle buses as it lists 4 different ones . was hoping it was just one bus from dessau to the campsite? or is there another leg after that??

As its already been said, it can be melted down. I like to melt a couple pucks down and put them in a bowl or mug. Ive heard mixed things on using a microwave. What I do is I take a sauce pan and fill it with water and put the bowl or container that Im planning to use. Then I boil the water. The trick is not to put in too much water, you dont want the water to boil and run into to bowl. This double-broiler method works great.