BBC Coverage

Guest lighty2

The cuts at the BBC shone through with their poor coverage of this years festival.

Having Reggie Yeates as main presenter who has nothing to do with Glastonbury and has no relevence at all was a huge mistake. John Peel would turn in his grave.

The red button had very few smaller stage bands showing something different to what the main channels had shown - they were also repeating sets from bands from previous days on the red button. What's the point in that? Surely we want to see altenative acts playing fromt the main channels to give us a choice in oiut viewing.

The main channels played it extremely safe with their choice of bands...Scissor Sisters, Pet Shop Boys, Shakira.

I'm on iplayer, been listening (not really watching due to having other windows open), have had the sunday night coverage on for the last few hours, and I think it's been great! Good variety of music and stages, and the usual faces i expected to see (Laverne, Lowe, Whiley, radcliffe, etc). What's so bad about it? :huh:

The BBC3 Coverage was awful. They had an hour of "Best Bits" every night which seemed to consist of two 30 minute sections from performances from the other stage. 30 minutes of Kate Nash, 30 of We Are Scientists, 30 of La Roux etc.

They then had the cheek to call it the "Best Bits". I doubt that if many people put together an hour of their personal best bits that it would contain 30 minutes of La Roux.

These people can be seen at EVERY MAJOR FESTIVAL in the UK this summer. Why not throw in a bit of variety? Something Glastonbury does better than any other festival is to have some real classic artists. I would've much preferred to see half an hour of Slash or Lightning Seeds - someone a bit more special that you're unlikely to see anywhere else this summer.

And I've watched most of the coverage now and I haven't seen any Rolf Harris? If you're going to capture the Glastonbury weekend you can't leave Rolf Harris out. It's pathetic. The BBC just make it seem like every other festival in Britain - the same bands over and over.

And I've watched most of the coverage now and I haven't seen any Rolf Harris? If you're going to capture the Glastonbury weekend you can't leave Rolf Harris out. It's pathetic. The BBC just make it seem like every other festival in Britain - the same bands over and over.

Iloved that he had an MC, that whole 'When I say Rolf, you say Harris! ROLF! HARRIS!' was such an awesome start to the main days of the festival!

And anyway, ya can all stopped winging, that last 5 minute montage of the festival with Dizzee Rascal & Florence doing 'You Got The Love' over the credits was f**king immense! I have goosebumps, I can't believe how lucky I am to have been there!

Very sad bbc coverage especially since they're were so many top notch acts - no pfunk, jerry dammers orchestra doing Sun Ra and Specials with Arthur brown and Johnny Clarke!! Tony allen (sad turnout), Femi Kuti, Devandra Banhart, breakestra, dr john, quantic to name some others....we got Toots though! haha plenty of other indie/dancey acts too - orb(missed them but would've loved to seen clubhenge glow!), here we go magic, magic numbers, grizzly bear, xx, phenonmenal handclap band, bees...

all the other acts shown are ab fab but yep nice and safe....raise the bar. surely it can't all be licensing issues, these acts would love the airtime...