PAVEMENT ?

Guest breadmanjiro

Right, first of all, I got my tickets in sundays resale after thinking I was doomed to have the first summer since '06 without glasto and it's the best feeling ever, I almost wish this could happen again because it's so exciting to look forward to all those awesome things I thought i'd be missing.

I haven't even been able to lurk on these forums because i've been so cheesed off about not getting my tickets !

Right then, Pavement have gotta be lined up for John Peel headliners ? I think they are playing in Cali on the friday but that'd mean they'd easily be able to make it for the sunday. John himself was a big fan, and they're doing loads of euro and american festivals in their huge world tour, so surely a stop at glasto would be in order ? Got tickets to see them in Brixton with The Clean (who are f**kin' ace) but an appearance at glasto would really top my weekend off !

The only other UK festival that they are playing at the moment is ATP, and I can't imagine they'd have an exclusive deal with them since they are kinda off the main festival circuit.......

AND they've been f**king shredding it on the new tour.

We've done this one before and the general consensus was 'no'.

I actually would have thought they would be exclusive for ATP, mind you as that sold out ages ago then it may not be a big deal.

I really don't think Pavement are popular enough to play Glastonbury and as this is a "let's get some money tour", they would probably be too expensive for a relatively unknown band. They also said they weren't doing big dumb festivals which could mean Glastonbury from their perspective. Makes sense they play at festivals with a more appreciative audience for non mainstream music.

I wouldn't say they aren't popular enough - yeah, they have completely dissapeared from the mainstream but their cult following is as strong as ever, and there's footage of them from '99 playing as the sun sets on the Other Stage and whilst I know they ain't that big anymore surely they'd still be popular to warrant a slot ? Echo and the Bunnymen ain't as big anymore but they still headlined....

As for not doing 'big dumb festivals', whilst they ain't as big as glasto they ARE rinsing the European festivals, playing Primavera, Roskilde, etc and also doing quite a few in the US.

It's just wishful thinking really, I am seeing them already but hey, i'm allowed to cross my fingers until the line-up release !!

Ending glasto 2010 on Conduit For Sale would be soooo damn awesome.

I wouldn't say they aren't popular enough - yeah, they have completely dissapeared from the mainstream but their cult following is as strong as ever, and there's footage of them from '99 playing as the sun sets on the Other Stage and whilst I know they ain't that big anymore surely they'd still be popular to warrant a slot ? Echo and the Bunnymen ain't as big anymore but they still headlined....

As for not doing 'big dumb festivals', whilst they ain't as big as glasto they ARE rinsing the European festivals, playing Primavera, Roskilde, etc and also doing quite a few in the US.

It's just wishful thinking really, I am seeing them already but hey, i'm allowed to cross my fingers until the line-up release !!