Volunteering & Stewarding at EOTR 2010

Guest Alex Capes

We are looking for 250 volunteer stewards to work at the festival in 2010.

You must be prepared to work a minimum of 3 x 5 hour shifts over the 4 days. All other times you are free to enjoy the festival. Work is available in such areas as: Box office, Garden Stage, Big Top, Gates, Wristband Exchange, Traffic Control & the Village, full training is given for each area and safety equipment is provided.

We receive lots of applications, so please apply early as we do offer places on a first come first served basis (subject to approval).

Please download the application form PDF, fill it in and send it back to the address on the form.

http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/pdf/st...cation-2010.pdf

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive been accepted too!! cant wait :P

yeah cheers for that :P

It will of course be the whole weekend.

Following a comprehensive medical, there will an early morning cross-country run on each day to guage general fitness. Obviously, there will be a full and detailed tour of the site so you will be familiar with the festival layout before the start of the festival.

In addition, there will be compulsory courses over the two days covering the following essential topics:

First Aid & Life Saving Techniques

Tent erection & maintenance

Basic language primers in French, German, Spanish, Hebrew and, understandably, Swedish

Map Reading

Car maintenance

Marching

I think you will find it a quite full & rewarding two days. I have assumed you are standard size, and will not require custom-fitting for your blazer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I applied and was accepted to steward back in February but now I've seen on the website we should have been sent our shifts etc it says: If you wish to be placed on the reserve list, or havent heard about your shifts, please contact our steward manager Sue on info@wickedevents.co.uk

Has anyone else heard about their shifts? Seems a bit early but I am used to Oxfam and being told when you turn up. I've sent an email off to that address too but haven't heard back.

• 4 weeks later...

No i got that would be WHERE i would be... just wanted to know if anyone knew what I would be doing, like if you got car park, you can generally guess you would helping people to park etc. but this is a bit more vague.

Nothing can be as boring as a night shift checking tickets are glastonbury ON THE SATURDAY!

I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever it is, just wanted to know if someone had done it before. There's not a lot of info about working at end of the road, I've been used to the Oxfam set up which is basically information overload.

• 3 weeks later...