Primavera Sound 2010

Guest Hesse

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about an artist with ’90 million’ album sales!

I’m all confused. I think my translator has gremlins. :P

Edited by PastCaring

Gabi Ruiz said that he was just looking through the list of artists and that there are 'some' that say that they have sold 90 million discs. He hasn't clarified what 'some' means, so it could be one artist, a band or more than one artist. He has already said something about members of one of the bands already announced playing in a band with members of another band not yet announced and that all three will be playing at the festival. He also said that he has realised that there is another English artist on the bill who started off in the 70's and came to prominence in the 80's, first with a band and then solo. Phew, I'm confused! :P

BTW, we can probably all rest easy cos Phil Collins started his solo career in 1982! :P

The only English artist I can think of that went solo in 1985 is Sting (oh no! :P ) but Mr PC reckons it could be Julian Cope - which sounds a bit more like it! Regarding the 3 connected bands, how about PIXIES - BREEDERS - THROWING MUSES? :P No! That sounds tooooo good to be true!

Hummmm - Pete Wylie fits the bill and also possibly Pete Murphy....... I've got Mr PC onto the problem now - so he'll be thinking on it all night and probably into the weekend - he likes a mental challenge does Mr PC (and he knows his music)! :P

"He has already said something about members of one of the bands already announced playing in a band with members of another band not yet announced and that all three will be playing at the festival."

What about Billy Bragg? Male, british solo artist who released his first album 26 years ago, and - regarding what I quoted above - has played with Wilco.

Mr PC thinks maybe Neville Staple - actually, he's not English, but you wouldn't know that unless you Wikipedia him - most of the rest of the description would fit and he is playing at least one festival in the UK during May.

PRIMAVERA RADIO WILL BROADCAST THE SAN MIGUEL PRIMAVERA SOUND 2010 PRESENTATION PRESS CONFERENCE LIVE

This Wednesday 17th of February you can follow the San Miguel Primavera Sound 2010 press conference live on a special programme from 11.00 till 1.00 on Scanner FM, on the second anniversary of the birth of Primavera Radio.

The presentation will be given by the directors of the festival Alberto Guijarro and Gabi Ruiz and Santi Carrillo, director of the magazine Rockdelux and Jordi Martí, cultural delegate of the Town Hall of Barcelona, will also participate in this presentation.

Over the next few months on Primavera radio the best tracks of the artists performing in the tenth anniversary of the festival will be played. There will also be monographic and specialized programmes, interviews, and reviews of previous editions.

Primavera Radio can be listened to on Internet at www.primaverasound.com and at www.scannerfm.com

New Bands:

A SUNNY DAY IN GLASGOW

ALMIGHTY DEFENDERS

MARC ALMOND

BLACK LIPS

BEACH HOUSE

BEST COAST

BIGGOT

BISCUIT

THE BOOKS

JUNIP TRIO

BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE