Stuck in the Car park record? Mine was...

Guest redeyerat

...from sitting in my car at 10:45, to pulling onto the main road 3hrs and 45mins later... :lol:

That was from West parking 1 after camping in orange...and wasn't that walk fun. I mean seriously, can they not get car parks closer to the campsites! I saw far too many people losing the will to live on that walk. Looked like a biblical disaster at times!

Felt sorry for the poor folks in West parking 2, 3 + 4. That must have been a CRAZY bad walk.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were parked in South 1. We got to the car at 9am and it took us a little over 2 hours to get out onto the A5. This would have been considerably shorter had the Hi-Viz lemming at the cross over of East/South/Campervan actually let some of the South carpark people out rather than standing there chatting while we watched all the campervans cruise past us!!!

After 20 minutes of watching this, my friend walked to the front of the queue and told the lemmings it might be an idea to let some of us out cus we had been at a standstill for over quarter of an hour and the traffic through East was flowing quite nicely. Strangely enough we got moving soon after that!!! :lol:

Who trains these people? I mean seriously?!! I think they must have been told "you can go home as soon as the campervan park is empty" cus that's all they were letting out.

We also parked in west and camped in Orange, the walk was hell, considering we did 2 heavily loaded rips. Bad times. Worth it in the end though, Orange was good.

As for leaving, we got in the car at 10:25, and made it to the main road 1hr 50mins later, officially the longest it has ever taken us to get out of V. Took us 1 hour 40 minutes to move the 20 yards. After this point, we realised there was organisation, no-one directing traffic, and we snapped, and just headed in a direct route for the exit.

We got to our cars about 8am in East 4 and drove straight out :lol: - not one car in front of us but we did get slowed down by the morning traffic on the A5/M6.

When we arrived on Friday we parked in the West 2 carpark and that was a right treck to the green campsite! - But we always pop out over the weekend to Tescos to freshen up and grab a few things and it always means you come back and are basically parked near the exit so your the last in to park and 1st out to leave

Edited by experience

Parked in South 1 and camped in Gold. Was in my car at 7am after a short walk from Gold to the car park. After about 20 mins queuing down the country lanes was on the A5.

Last year was in West car park for almost 4 hours so this was amazing

Got to the car by 12, were out of West 1 by about ten past 1? We had parked nearer the gate side of the car park and after a little pushing and shoving we were out.

Stewards were absolutely ridiculous though, it was a complete free for all getting out of the gate.

sounds like f**k all has changed from last years car park fiasco, no stewards, stupid bottle necks and poor lay out still causing mass problems.i was sat in the car at 7 am last year and it still took 5 bloody hours to get out!

It all got like this when they went and got greedy and increased the capacity which changed the entrances and exits and car parks......typical tin pot ££££££ grabbing V Fest!!!! think of the cash before the punters, sounds like this year was no different!

i went on the train on friday morning, and left at 8am sunday morning, and it was a breeze.

i expected the trains to be delayed and packed with festival-goers but there wasnt that many around, before or after V!

the shuttle bus service from Stafford station to V was brilliant, only took about 30 minutes.

the train fair was £50 (less than it would have cost in fuel) and now i've done it by train and seen how much better it is, i will never drive to V again.

Got back to the car at 7.50am, having been parked in West 1.

Onto A41 towards M54 at about 8.40am.

Got slowed down on M54 and M6 on the way home... Walked through our front door in Coventry having stopped to buy a breakfast roll and a paper at 10.10am.

Not too bad, but getting up early was they key.

After last year's 4.5 hour wait to get out of West I moved the car to West4 on Sunday morning. We were at the car about 8 and out inside 5 minutes.

Glad I moved it now and feel sorry for you guys stuck behind - they need to marshal it properly and things will keep moving!

We did a moonlight flit :) , was trying to get some much needed kip in tent at 3am and after the egg n soldiers song started for the 1000th time :P:P decided to make the most of still being awake and pack up :lol::D .

took about 30 mins to fit tent back into back (sorry if we woke anyone) and 50 mins to trek and I do mean TREK back to west carpark, but all in all we managed to get home have a shower and be in bed for 6 so was worth it :P:lol: