Best place to park if not camping

Guest thisfeeling

For the last two years I commuted to and from Reading festival everyday from home, which was about a 45 minute drive. (Number of freinds going to the festival dwindled to just myself and my girlfriend, so made more sense to commute rather than camp on our own). Im going back to camping this year though.

Ive always just baught a weekend car park pass and never had any trouble turning up and going home everyday (They had attendants on the gate checking the pass) so you should be fine so long as you allready have a car park pass (I never saw a car park attendant selling passes on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday)

I have always parked in green car park, its about a 30 minute walk to the festival site along the river, but you can always get a ferry. We always turned up about 10:30 and never had any trouble with traffic i.e just drove straight into Reading from the M4, through the town with only having to stop for traffic lights.

I think white is closer to festival site, as you are technically parking in an "official campsite", but by the sounds of things its still about a 30 minute walk to the arena. So all in all sounds like the same distance.

you should choose which car park you want to park in based on where your comming from.

If you are comming from Oxford side of the river then white is your best bet.

If you are traveling through Reading town centre (M4) then green is your best bet.

I would try and avoid comming over Caversham Bridge!

In my experience if you aim to get to the festival early say 10:30/11 you should have no problem with traffic.

and if you have not got a car park pass allready see if your freinds can go down on Wednesday evening/ Thursday morning to pick one up for you.

Edited by mattyp