Big Green Gathering Cancellation!

Guest Da Renn

I can't believe BGG has been cancelled sooo very close to the event!! Surely this cannot happen, the license was granted and everything......it should all have been sorted..

Supposedly it's because of fire and road safety precautions not being entirely met...This is Police and council ignorance and stupidity...and gross insensitivity to Higher issues and consciousness...not to mention entirely inconvenient to many and bloody annoying to boot. BGG is my favorite festival VIBE...i was really lookin forward to this week..getting there nice and early, meeting old friends i don't get to see the rest of the year...i really missed it not being on last year and now i'm gonna miss it again..

I strongly suggest the BGG organisers get in touch with the Big Chill organisers...they took pity on us Sunrise goers last year after that festival was cancelled due to flash floods.. they let us on to their site two months later for a mere £2.50 extra payment....i'd really like to go to the Big Chill again if i can't go the Big Green... This has to be sorted, the refunds or alternatives, quickly as i'm not loaded with cash...and Big Chill maybe close to selling out..?!

Da Renn.

Mate, Im just as pissed off - Im with you. A deal for another festival (not actually bothered which one) or a refund. Im ringing the council tomorrow to find out what the hell is going on as well!There's a handy bit of legislation known as the freedom of information act......

As Organiser of the Stokes Bay Festival which is also next weekend we'll certainly do anything we can to help. For starters we can offer reduced price tickets to our own Festival for those seeking an alternative but I've also emailed the BGG info line to see if we can do more than that - similar maybe to the Big Chill / Sunrise link-up last year.

Stokes Bay is smaller than Big Green Gathering but just as relaxed. We also have a few old BGG favourites such as The Groovy Movie solar-powered cinema plus music from the likes of The Zutons; The Proclaimers; Seth Lakeman; The Saw Doctors and Adrian Edmondson.

We'll post details of cheap tickets etc. on the 'News' page of our own website by teatime Monday but I hope I can speak to the BGG organisers before then so we can hopefully arrange something that helps them as much as it helps their audience and ourselves.

Having also had council problems I know how they must be feeling right now.

Medina - http://www.stokesbayfestival.co.uk

Having read more on this cancelation, specifically on the UK Hippy forum, i'm of the awareness that the organisers of the festival are mainly to blame. Bad organisation...though i still believe the "Authorities" intentionally make alternative festivals difficult to push through and maintain, the fear and denial of difference and a radical change in consciousness is conditioned and deeply embedded...

I'm still gutted by all this...i'm hoping for a speedy refund as money is tight and then i can decide on attending another festie...i neeeeed a good festie right now!!

Da Renn.