change the layout

Guest doghousemichael

regardless of whether or not we are back next year we will be making a suggestion to the organisers to (amongst other things) change the layout of the festival. The 2nd barn like stage just doesnt work, both from a positional sense but also because it's fully enclosed. We guess there are sound implications but if poss, put the tent where the main stage is, have open sides and move the main stage to the bottom.

just a thought...

michael

www.doghouseuk.com

www.myspace.com/doghousehalifax

Festival organisers are pretty reluctant to move the 'tried and tested' around.

Glastonbury was, more or less, the same for all the years we went - I know they occasionally chucked in the odd new stage but, in their case, they certainly have the room! Smaller festivals, like Wychwood, obviously have their limitations.

HOWEVER, if anyone here has been to Larmer Tree Festival AND (last year's) End of the Road Festival - BOTH held at exactly the same site, you would surely notice that EOTR uses the same space to much better effect, whereas LT seems stuck in a rut - albeit a most enjoyable rut!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I know it's an old thread but anyway...

Pesonally I think the main minus points of the site as a whole,have been caused by the groundworks that have been carried out over the years by the racecourse.(Obviously these are beneficial changes for the racecourse tho').

The tarmac pathway,that now runs up to the Big Top,never used to extend that far..I recall that it "appeared" before our second year,when it then ran through the Big Top!(..the marque has now seemingly been pushed back to clear it?!).

Also the amount of rubble and hardstanding has increased over the years and this does detract from the "feel" of the top end of the site. :P

Also,a little screening in order to hide some of the skips and containers up by the Big Top wouldn't go a miss either...

:P