Electric Picnic 2009

Guest Window Licker

ep09.gif

For those of you who love Rockness (basically everyone on this forum :) ) I'd like you all to take a minute to check out Irelands leading Electronic Music Festival, Electric Picnic in Stradbally, Co. Laois (One hours drive from Dublin).

While it does not offer the same beautiful scenery and surroundings as Rockness, it does however offer the same chilled out laid back vibe, great electronic music and with the number off campers nowhere near as high as the likes of Oxegen, T and Glasto its fairly hassle free and an amazingly friendly weekend. Also full off like minded mental Irish Bastards, always a good thing. Roughly 35,000 people camping.

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there, I'm from Dublin myself and made the journey over to Rockness to check it out and I was not dissapointed. Had an amazing weekend and met a load of crazy Scottish f**kers over the three days who were gobsmacked I'd come so far, left with a few new friends too.

For those of you who love Rockness, the Picnic would be right up your street and well worth the jaunt over!!! Be nice to see a few Scottish Flags flying high! :)

Check it out:

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/

Basement Jaxx, Orbital, Erol Alkan, James Murphy & Pat Mahoney, Royksopp, MGMT, Madness, Roots Manuva... These are just a taster of who's playing

i so wish i could

You can man, think positively! I usually just sneak in, security is shite... :(

Electric Picnic should be marked off on everyones Calendar, been f**king quality the last 3 years running :P

The venue is huge with much more to it than the stages and arenas, it also has many boutique areas and a Body & Soul Venue inside the larger main venue where it hosts loads of random crazy acts and general weirdness

Ah well theres always the following year...or the year after that. Definitely a festival you should check out before you drop (dead that is :D ).