Drown my sorrows

Guest cole4ord

f**king sh*te mate. Hope it hasn't got you down too much. Glastonbury will be f**king brilliant and lovely five days in which you can forget about sh*tty work!

My dad has been moved to a 3 day week with chance of redundancy, so my family are struggling. I have just finished uni so not looking forward to looking for a job.

Edited by staggerlee

Sorry to hear it, try not to think about it as soon as you get to Glasto! :D

My mum might be getting made redundant in the next couple of months so she is using it as an excuse to get wasted at Glasto, as if she needs one :D

That's really horrible! :D Hope you have the bestest festival to make up for it.

My husband has been told that he is to be made redundant but we don't know when - could be anytime between now and 2012.........and I only work 2 days a week and am about to start a post grad course......gonna be tough....

But hey ho - Glastonbury next week! :D

hope you manage to find something eles soon,

not quite the same but my dad has just been signed off sick after having a fit out o the blue, hes had his licence revoked and his job is as a m.o.d driver, hes been diagnosed with epilepsy now and fingers crossed he will be able to have his licence back in 6 months now but his work are being awkaward and doing there best to try to oush him into early retirement cause it gives them a perfect excuse to get rid of someone else where he works,

if it had happend before this recession his employers would have bent over backwards to move him to a non driving department till his licence was given back, but not now, there just trying to get rid of people!

really hard going for people losing there jobs , I hope it works out for you anyway.

and make sure you have a good glasto !!

that's pretty crappy,

all i can say is, try to keep on top of the job search/hunt, i was reading something the other day saying that people who have lost their jobs become used to the idea of 'being unemployed after 5 months without work.

Which leads them to spend less/time and effort looking for a jobs,

don't let that happen, gotta stay persistent,

Edited by markeee

that's pretty crappy,

all i can say is, try to keep on top of the job search/hunt, i was reading something the other day saying that people who have lost their jobs become used to the idea of 'being unemployed after 5 months without work.

Which leads them to spend less/time and effort looking for a jobs,

don't let that happen, gotta stay persistent,

yeah true, not really an option for me though as have too many outgoings so need to be back in employment urgently. i will be spending monday frantically applyign so hopefulyl can then be getting responses post glastonbury.

Thanks for your kind words everyone. meet you all at the cider bus about 10am on wednesday :D