Glastonbudget 2009

Guest airds

the old thread got a bit bogged down with crap so.....

Just thought I would start a new thread asking who going to Glastonbudget this year, since there is only 20 days left .....and we are getting excited <_<

At the moment our group has 3 families of 4 and 1 lad by himself going and hopefully a couple more families are talking about coming (if they ever get off the fence)

so hands up please B)

I will be going with 3 other like minded individuals and can't wait. Ages range from 32 to 44 and we will be wearing fancy dress on a couple of days at least.

2 of my mates are total festy virgins so looking forward to how they react to it all as much as my own experiences.

Hopefully the release of 1500 extra tickets is really because they have sold out and isn't just a marketing ploy to try and rush people into snapping them up as tickets are selling slowly....I can be quite cynical about these things!! :lol:

See you all there..... ;)

Hopefully the release of 1500 extra tickets is really because they have sold out and isn't just a marketing ploy to try and rush people into snapping them up as tickets are selling slowly....I can be quite cynical about these things!! B)

See you all there..... :ph34r:

i am going for the first time with a few mates as it's supposed to be one of thems stag do affair. Dont worry, we range from 19 to 40, the latter being the groom.

A question though, once you park can you drive in and out of the car park and off site to get more supplies? Oh, and the usual question. How far is the car park to the campsite? I'm guessing not far as its a small festie.

Cheers...

A question though, once you park can you drive in and out of the car park and off site to get more supplies? Oh, and the usual question. How far is the car park to the campsite? I'm guessing not far as its a small festie.

What a fantastic little festival!! Can't praise the organisers, bands, bar staff, stewards and fellow festival friends highly enough. Had one of the best weekends of my life. Okay, so the weather helps but even so everything about the festival apart from a couple of minor gripes were spot on. Interesting to see a few tribute bands that were just as good as the real thing live. The accoustic tent had some real talented musicians playing and the oxjam tent showcased a couple of bands who I think could really make it onto the main stage next year. Great atmosphere in the camp and I met many new friends. By far the best £50 I've ever spent...Bring on 2010!!!!

This was my fourth Glastonbudget and on the whole I'd say it was the best. The weather was fantastic, which automatically made it better than the last two years. While the line-up wasn't quite as inspiring as previous - too many tributes to bands you can go to V to see - there were a few pleasant surprises, like Heresy - the rock/metal band who took the place of Blurb on Saturday.

Blurb turned in a fantastic performance in the big top the next day. But the best of all was the Rubber Plants, runners-up in the Scrap Metal competition and frankly they were robbed. I've never seen any Zep tribute band do In My Time Of Dying before, and it was awesome. The frontman is a complete star.

Food was the best it's ever been too, and there was a good range of beers and ciders, and cocktails for the first time since 2006, though sadly not served from a London bus. And we seemed to be assailed by film and radio crews wanting to interview us and our inflatable snowman :)