Special Guest/Secret Slots

Guest sufcmatt

Last Year Franz Ferdinand & The Last Shadow Puppets Made Surprise Appearances on The Park Stage. Just wondering If There will be more to come this year....

Klaxons are apparently meant to be doing something (let slim in NME) so if they aren't confirmed perhaps they will make an unanounced/surprise appearance (not that i care).

Arctic Monkeys have been at the festival for the last 2 years. Headlining in 07. And The Last Shadow Puppets played unanounced in 08. Was wondering wether Arctic Monkeys could make a surprise appearance? I know They are headlining Reading & Leeds but does this totally rule them out? You never know...

Any other thoughts and ideas on who may turn up unexpectedly?

Its a good idea to check local venues around Somerset. Franz Ferdinand played in a little club (350 cap.) in yeovil last year before Glastonbury as a warm up, which is how I knew they were one of the Secret Bands

The Scissor Sisters played at the Palace in Bridgwater in '04. In 2005 KT Tunstall and The Subways played warm up shows at the Palace in Bridgwater.

EDIT: Get Cape Wear Cape Fly + Kate Nash in Yeovil 2007 (Although Kate Nash Cancelled because of a sore throat)

Edited by Dukeicon

2007 was the year that I kept stumbling over secret gigs. Over the course of the weekend we saw

Bill Bailey (Cabaret - Sunday afternoon and Fire and Ice Stage ? - Sunday evening)

Joss Stone (Leftfield - one afternoon with only a couple of hundred people max)

Madness (Lost Vagueness - not very secret) and Hard-Fi played the same time in Leftfield.

Usually they are in the Q magazine in the morning

2007 was the year that I kept stumbling over secret gigs. Over the course of the weekend we saw

Bill Bailey (Cabaret - Sunday afternoon and Fire and Ice Stage ? - Sunday evening)

Joss Stone (Leftfield - one afternoon with only a couple of hundred people max)

Madness (Lost Vagueness - not very secret) and Hard-Fi played the same time in Leftfield.

Usually they are in the Q magazine in the morning