What European Festival should I go to?

Guest SamAMc

Can the efestival forum users recommend a European festival this late summer or early autumn.

I'm looking for something that has a vibe similar to Glastonbury/Latitude.

Given the time of year I want to go - it would probably have to be southern france, spain or italy.

I'd be driving there in my new campervan.

Cheers

SamAMc

Agreed. Sziget is a stunning festival, seven days on an island in the middle of one of the most beautiful cities on earth, 120 euros to get in, beer £1 a pint, fantastically friendly and diverse crowd that isn't over-run with Brits, really eclectic line-up, the incomparable World Stage as the sun goes down, the old style free-party vibe of Mokka Cura in the mornings, rammed with people off their nuts.

Would be a good trip to drive there too. Could even try to get Guca in in Serbia beforehand, a truly crazy trumpet festival, overflowing with the most beautiful girls in the world.

I have heard amazign things about Lowlands Festival near Amsterdam, it even describes itself as the glastonbury of europe! so exactly what you are after.

I am going this year and am well looking forward to it as apparently the people are very chilled and it has more than just music, eg comedy arts theatre, sounds sick althought its not in the 3 countries you mention!

Edited by choadus

I haven't been to Glastonbury, but if its anything like Lowlands I'll be very disapointed! :rolleyes:

I'd compare the atmosphere/site/bands at Lowlands to T in the Park...

Lowlands is fantastic tho, but from a get drunk and watch rock/pop/dance bands sort of way, not in the chillout eccentric way Glasto is meant to be...

It's also the most expensive festival I've been to!

And although not European, Bestival might be worth a look!

There's also a dance festival called SonneMondSterne in mid-east Germany, it's something pretty different, very chilled out in the day, then nonstop party all night, with a beautiful campsite on a lake...

SMS-

n512599069_1051868_2796.jpg

n512599069_1051867_2550.jpg

Don't get a morning view like that at any UK festivals (atleast not ones I've been too!)

Tis also cheap, and the music never stops... runs from Friday morning right thru to Sunday evening!

They're also appeared to be no control (but I wasn't driving so didn't look into it!) on vehicles in the campsites... you could litterelly park your car next to your tent, and people were riding between tents on peds :rolleyes: