BENI LINE UP!

Guest festival*girl

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some new additions(In bold under unconfirmed stage), don't think i've heard of any of them tbh..Still need another big act for the Friday :lol:

Thursday

Excenario Verde

Oasis

Glasvegas

Mystery Jets

We Are Standard

The Bishops

Escenario Fiberfib.com

Kevin Saunderson Presents: Inner City Live

The Coronas

Fangoria

No Reply

La Bien Querida

Gang Of Four

Vodafone Fib Club

Naive New Beaters

Aldo Linares

Telepathe

The Walkmen

Justus Köhncke

Anni B Sweet

Oblique

Unconfirmed Stage

DJ Catodica

Christian Smith

Los Coronas

Mario Cielo

Miguelink

DJ Polar

Friday

Escenario Verde

Kings of Leon

Paul Weller

Cooper

Escenario Fiberfib.com

Boys Noize

Maxïmo Park

The Horrors

Nudozurdo

Magazine

Vodafone Fib Club

Yuksek

Infadels Dj’s

Christina Rosenvinge

Fight Like Apes

Joe Crepúsculo

Javier Corcobado

Unconfirmed Stage

Nacho Vegas

Le Hammond Inferno

Dorian DJ

From Karaoke To Stardom

Glass Candy

Homeboy DJ

Rayuela DJ's

Scatinni

Saturday

Escenario Verde

Franz Ferdinand

2 Many DJ’s

Elbow

Lily Allen

Escenario Fiberfib.com

Peaches

Foals

Aeroplane

Steve Aoki

Russian Red

Bell X1

Vodafone Fib Club

Josele Santiago

Gui Boratto

Ratolines

Television Personalities

Tadeo

The Mighty Stef

Unconfirmed Stage

The Unfinished Sympathy

Adrian Le Freak

Delorean

Galan DJ

L.A.

Miqui Puig

Paul Woolford

Smart

The Wave Pictures

Sunday

Escenario Verde

The Killers

The Psychedelic Furs

<<rinôçérôse>>

White Lies

CatPeople

Escenario Fiberfib.com

Laurent Garnier

Peter Doherty

Hell

TV on the Radio

Friendly Fires

Flow

Calexico

Vodafone Fib Club

David Kitt

Lykke Li

Late Of The Pier

Popof

Klaus & Kinski

Giant Sand

Unconfirmed Stage

Angel Pop

Birdy Nam Nam

Muzikalia DJ

Nitevisions

Oscar Salvaje

Thanks Sproston. Nothing of interest there for the majority of us though unfortunately.

I sent the following email to fib today. I’m sure some of you will not agree but I just get the feeling that every year they are taking the pi$$ more and more by spending as little on the line up as they can get away with.

I can’t remember the last decent/well known act that was announced (probably the last one for me was 2many Djs). Basically, as soon as they realise they are going to sell enough tickets they just stop booking big name / popular acts. Fair enough they have to cater for the Spanish contingent but I wonder of some of these acts are actually popular in Spain either?!

I'm also expecting prices within the festival to rise again and for the arena to be more overcrowded than ever.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m really looking forward to it and there is some great stuff on the lineup, I just don’t like the way they seem to take advantage of the loyal customers. We purchase tickets early and trust the organisers to continue to book acts of a high standard.

Hello fiberfib,

Please could you confirm that more acts are to be announced for the line up? Also, when will they be announced?

We came to the festival in 2006 (brilliant line-up) and in 2008 (terrible line-up).

We decided to buy tickets this year when you announced some quality bands early on (Oasis, Kings of Leon, Killers).

However, the line-up still looks very light this year, especially in terms of the number of quality DJ / dance acts.

Please can you confirm how many acts are left to announce?

If the line-up stays as it is, you will have many disappointed customers again (the same as last year). The result of this will be that many groups (including mine) will never risk buying advance tickets for the festival again.

The perception is that as soon as you sell enough tickets, you stop investing in booking decent acts.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Andy

i'd be interested to hear if you get a response.

Personally, i think the line up is great and having investigated some of the band's i'd not heard of until they were announced for FIB i'm really looking forward to it.

OK, some might say that the lineup doesn't live up to the first expectations that were set when the huge headliners were announced but i'm guessing that is where they have blown all the budget now!

As much as I would love to have another big name announced i'm not too expectant but can guarantee i'll have a great time regardless.

Some advice to people on the lesser known electronic acts/DJs!!

Thursday - Christian Smith is a brilliant techno DJ.

Saturday - Aeroplane - Miss these at your peril!!

Saturday - Gui Boratto - Unbelievable melodic techno producer.

Saturday - Paul Woolford - Resident of Space, Ibiza. Great house DJ.

Sunday - DJ Hell - Check out his most recent stuff, his album Teufelswerk is brilliant techno.

Sunday - Popof - Never seen him play, makes pretty decent techno though, could be good.

Obviously Garnier, 2 Many DJs etc speak for themselves!!

Overall though, there seems to me to be a lot of holes in the lineup in general, but especially in the electronica area. Surely they can do better than this?

Must admit the lineup when looked at like that does look incredibly light.

To be fair there is as many bands / dj's etc as there was last yr if not more. But still, theres only a handful of bands i'm really excited for.

Guess thats leaves lots of time for soaking up the rays / drinking / playing volleyball...

The line-up for FIB Heineken 09, the XV International Benicàssim Festival, is now complete.

We finalise the line-up with the heroes of Spanish indie rock, Los Planetas, as the crown jewel of what is without doubt the most important programme of Spanish bands in our history, and with Tom Tom Club, the perfect ending for a summer party.

Birdy Nam Nam, Delorean, Glass Candy, Los Coronas and The Wave Pictures are other important names of this list that completes, in the absence of a winner of the ‘Fast Track’ contest, the musical part of FIB Heineken 09. We also provide you with the names of the DJs who will animate our Pista Pop during the four days of the Festival.

Late of the Pier, James Holden and The Juan MacLean will not be performing at FIB Heineken 09. Instead, Glass Candy, Four Tet (DJ) and The Wave Pictures will be taking their places.

Complete list of new additions and the Pista Pop DJs:

Birdy Nam Nam

Christian Smith

Delorean

DiskJokke

Four Tet (DJ)

From Karaoke to Stardom

Glass Candy

Le Hammond Inferno

Los Coronas

Los Planetas

L.A.

NiteVisions

Paul Woolford

The Wave Pictures

Tom Tom Club

Pista Pop:

Adrián Le Freak

Aldo Linares

Ángel Pop

DJ Catódica

Dorian DJ

El Goma

Galán DJ

Homeboy DJ

Mario Ciëlo

Dj Miguelink

Miqui Puig

Muzikalia DJ

Óscar Salvaje

DJ Polar

Rayuela DJ’s

Scattini

Smart

what do you guys think now its complet ?????

The line-up for FIB Heineken 09, the XV International Benicàssim Festival, is now complete.

We finalise the line-up with the heroes of Spanish indie rock, Los Planetas, as the crown jewel of what is without doubt the most important programme of Spanish bands in our history, and with Tom Tom Club, the perfect ending for a summer party.

Birdy Nam Nam, Delorean, Glass Candy, Los Coronas and The Wave Pictures are other important names of this list that completes, in the absence of a winner of the ‘Fast Track’ contest, the musical part of FIB Heineken 09. We also provide you with the names of the DJs who will animate our Pista Pop during the four days of the Festival.

Late of the Pier, James Holden and The Juan MacLean will not be performing at FIB Heineken 09. Instead, Glass Candy, Four Tet (DJ) and The Wave Pictures will be taking their places.

Complete list of new additions and the Pista Pop DJs:

Birdy Nam Nam

Christian Smith

Delorean

DiskJokke

Four Tet (DJ)

From Karaoke to Stardom

Glass Candy

Le Hammond Inferno

Los Coronas

Los Planetas

L.A.

NiteVisions

Paul Woolford

The Wave Pictures

Tom Tom Club

Pista Pop:

Adrián Le Freak

Aldo Linares

Ángel Pop

DJ Catódica

Dorian DJ

El Goma

Galán DJ

Homeboy DJ

Mario Ciëlo

Dj Miguelink

Miqui Puig

Muzikalia DJ

Óscar Salvaje

DJ Polar

Rayuela DJ’s

Scattini

Smart

what do you guys think now its complet ?????

I think maybe everyone is expecting a little too much?

The line up is really good, a nice blend of new and up-and-coming bands, mixed in with a few established artiists. I agree maybe this year it is a bit band heavy, and light on the dance, but I think maybe beni has been overshadowed a little this year on the dance front by other Spanish festies.

Anyways, personally, headliners aside, I cannot wait to see Foals, Birdy Nam Nam, Infadels DJs, Friendly Fires, Elbow, The Horrors, and Maximo Park ( a damn shame Late of the Pier pulled out...). And a little boogie in the dance tent later on will definitely be on the cards, despite my age (this is my 30th birthday present!). Tell me this doesnt look awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wImd1pGNXSE...feature=related

Why not go looking forward to experiencing new stuff, instead of bemoaning the lack of what you wanted to see?

As it look like the line up is complete/near complete, i though it would be a good idea for people to recommend bands/djs that are on the list to others.

I wondered if someone could help me out...?

I'm looking forward to Boyz Noise, Laurent Garnier, Yuksek and 2manydjs.

Can people recommend me other acts on the line up along these lines? Im also really into Erol Alkan, Justice, Simian Mobile Disco etc so anything along these lines would be great?

Don't want to miss any good djs or dance acts that are worth having a dance to!

Thanks. :P

I personally think its a great line up. Not sure where people are coming from saying that there's not enough DJs/Electronic stuff on the line up. I mean the first day has one of the Bellville Trio Kevin Saunderson, Four Tet who is amazing, Christian Smith and Justus Kohncke responsible for some the best house and techno tunes around over the last couple of years,

Surely if you wanted to go a electronica festival in Spain near a beach you should have gone to Sonar last weekend or Creamfields Andalucia in August. :lol:

Shame that James Holden and the Juan Maclean are no longer playing. :D

Edited by st00ka