Plans for V 2009

Guest indie-rocknroll

These are my plans already in place for next year, staying positive above all the wingers on this site,

1. Buy tickets from Ticket master only, including my early bird tickets and will not rush the morning they are released as they were on sale for pretty much all of this year

2. Buying a bigger/ more expensive tent and making sure it does not rain in (but not arsed if it does)

3. Being closer to Efest meet, I was very close anyway but the sceneery changed every time I had a drink

4. Not buying cheap programmes, if it's cheap it usually means it is snide

5. Not promising to put friends tents up and or meet them to help them put there's up so we can camp together, they can manage themselves and I can chill as soon as I get set up (how selfish of me)

6. Not sniffing odd bottles that are stuffed under me nose every five second by you know who

7. Not missing opportunities :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at V 09 i'm going to stick to the 4pm drinking rule, so i dont miss the evening acts again!

and i want an airbed inflater, mine took 2 hrs to blow up.

otherwise i was very organised at V 08, having learnt the lessons from V 07.

might get a bigger tent, not too bothered though.

Go in some kind of fancy dress. Me and my mate were talking to the 3 Bo' selecter guys who all got back stage passes for dressing up "Proper Bo' I tell thee"

Our gang is seriously thinking about dressing up next year, maybe as nerdy Star Wars characters, I might go as a Six foot four Yoda, but my mates want me to go as Darth Vader :P

1. Buy a bigger tent.

2. Arrange for more of my friends (any) to go, not just me and the wife.

3. Still pack up tent Sunday morning and leave Sunday night.

4. Take less clothing!

5. Investigate the potential of fancy / stupid dress

Edited by Hulton

Go in some kind of fancy dress. Me and my mate were talking to the 3 Bo' selecter guys who all got back stage passes for dressing up "Proper Bo' I tell thee"

Our gang is seriously thinking about dressing up next year, maybe as nerdy Star Wars characters, I might go as a Six foot four Yoda, but my mates want me to go as Darth Vader :P

Good suggestions but add the following:

1. Not help the muppets who thought they were smart bringing trolleys to a muddy field only to load them up with crap and watch them sink in

2. Have some more spare dry T-shirts / norge fleece / socks after hearing the sad story of woman stuck in rain filled tent in Red camp with no dry kit so can at least help out proper festie goers / mates who suffer

3. More SD Cards so camera doesn't get filled before the end of Knights of Cydonia!

4. Buy another quickdraw tent (can't be bothered pitching big ones) as mine was too muddy to be bothered with

5. Add an extra 12 cans of Magners to the packing list

6. Waterproof pad and marker as two guys and girl won't now be getting a copy of V DVD I make each year (big Newton Faulkner fans too)

7. Get in earlier and camp further from the towers in Blue (the security lights made me think it was daylight each morning around 5am and I'd get up)

8. Check the packing list the girls are bringing before we set off so I don't end up carrying six ton of crap in 3 journeys!

9. Maybe bring my electric guitar and travel amp if can be bothered

10. Fill spare 1l camelback with alcohol (only year not been checked and didn't bother doing it!)

Will hopefully meet some of you next year as already ticketed-up for next year!

My list would be:

* Buy a cheap tent so we can leave it there again and not worry about it

* Take a lilo instead of an airbed so doesn't matter if we bin it at end of the weekend

* Wine strapped to stomach with masking tape is DEF the way to get alcohol in

* Take my spare phone battery that finally arrived from ebay on Tuesday. Grrrrrrrr!

* Clothing and stuff was good so don't need to change a lot on that front

* Try and make it so we only do ONE journey from car to tent

* Try and bag a good parking space again so we can exit the car park in 10mins again!

Good shout on the cider but I have the JD and tequila for my rocket fuel (one of these days I'm going to find a way of getting Baileys into a plastic bottle without it congeling and make B-52s on site).

Magners is the breakfast kit as it goes nice with the bbq qtr pounders and bacon butties

On a mental note I should make sure my Vodka and drinking water are not in the same type of bottle - rinsing your mouth out with Smirnoff is not clever and does not taste good minty fresh!

These are my plans already in place for next year, staying positive above all the wingers on this site,

1. Buy tickets from Ticket master only, including my early bird tickets and will not rush the morning they are released as they were on sale for pretty much all of this year

2. Buying a bigger/ more expensive tent and making sure it does not rain in (but not arsed if it does)

3. Being closer to Efest meet, I was very close anyway but the sceneery changed every time I had a drink

4. Not buying cheap programmes, if it's cheap it usually means it is snide

5. Not promising to put friends tents up and or meet them to help them put there's up so we can camp together, they can manage themselves and I can chill as soon as I get set up (how selfish of me)

6. Not sniffing odd bottles that are stuffed under me nose every five second by you know who

7. Not missing opportunities :ph34r: