best bands at festivals moments

Guest porkybrushcut

rather than sit through another edition of 'britains got no talent' i'd be interested in peoples musical highlights at festivals over the years.........off the top of my head , here's a few of mine.....david bowie , glasto / the verve ,glasto/ neil young and crazy horse, phoenix festival/, hendrix, woodstock, oops!...wishful thinking!, /bad news , donnington/..........WORST EVER.....the smashing pumpkins, glasto.....no question, i still have nightmares!

For me Nirvana at Reading festival 199..something.

But to be more topical 3 Daft Monkeys @ Beautiful Days last year. :D

They were only supposed to be doing a gig in the bimble inn but with another band cancelling only days before the festival they were promoted to 5pm ish (a good time slot for all ages) on main stage and in front of a big Levellers following they did a cracking set and took the roof off!!!

erm...sorry no roof but you know what I mean.

I have since read on their forum AND heard it from the lips of Athene herself that it was probably the best gig they have ever done!

:)

Agree with you there 'Ciderman!!..tho' I've yet to see'm do a bad gig!...

Excellant festy band!!

...and nice people there are to :D

blinkin eck where would you start!

early nineties at glastonbury ina greenfield tent remember watching back to the planet followed by banco de gaia which was cool.

wychwood wise last year etran finatawa were superb, also the ralfe band were great too.

peatbog fairies at towersey last year were amazing too.