Power needs for stall

sethelton

Hello everyone,

So, i think i am running me head round in circles trying to work out how best to power my appliances.

At the moment, what i feel i will need is:

Fridge
Freezer
Ice Machine/Crusher
Juice Cooler (similar to slush puppy machine)
Lights (L.E.D.)
Sound System
And acouple of other little things...

I will be mostly using my setup in summer at festivals, so i would like to fit a solar panel on the roof. Maybe 2, to supply energy to the batteries. 

I know power consumptions vary, but does anybody know if this kind of setup might be possible with 2 deep cycle AGM batteries? I would also get a generator to charge these batteries up when the sun is not so bright. (Maybe just a generator would be needed for the larger appliances, and i could run small appliances off the batteries??)

Is it ok to keep the chargers (generator or solar panel) plugged into the batteries whilst my appliances are drawing power?

What is the most efficient way of converting DC/AC? Obviously my generator produces AC, the batteries take DC, and most of my appliances will take AC. So i am trying to figure out a way of not having a converter and inverter in my setup. Maybe this is the only way? I've read that it draws alot of energy from the batteries to convert DC to AC?

I know theres afew questions here, and any response would be greatly appreciated! I also have many more ;)

Seth.

the power supply to stalls at festivals is supplied by the organisers, because of fire regulations you are not allowed to run your own generators.

if this set up is not for a stall but your own personal use forget it and get a gas fridge like everybody else has.

Edited by outtolunch