Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2005 was pretty bad, but im hoping this yar will be ALOT better! If not, i'm coming prepared. Its bright sunshine in yeovil now!! keeps hiding behind some small clouds though.

WoW - what side of Bristol is Bedminster? I'm hoping the storm isn't coming my way!

Edited by DannyJay

Oh right, how odd, in Temple Way it's monsoon style conditions. The type of rain that bounces back up off the floor, and it was like that in clifton from about 11 this morning constantly. Don't think it's looking very good for Glastonbury unless the weather settles down. We're getting a day of sunshine then a day of torrential rain at the moment.

OK Just heard from someone on site. it has been peeing down today, although the ground is still in good condition. where the lorries are driving around there is some ground breakage but no sludge!

The tracks have some mud on there however it is apparantly remarkable good for the amount of site traffice. early indications and the word on the site is that the drainage seems to be doing an amazing job.

Gravel paths are drying pretty quick and although they are getting some hard rain, there is nothing to indicate the 1997 situation we had.

So all in all ok so far!

Edited by Tallpaul

OK Just heard from someone on site. it has been peeing down today, although the ground is still in good condition. where the lorries are driving around there is some ground breakage but no sludge!

The tracks have some mud on there however it is apparantly remarkable good for the amount of site traffice. early indications and the word on the site is that the drainage seems to be doing an amazing job.

Gravel paths are drying pretty quick and although they are getting some hard rain, there is nothing to indicate the 1997 situation we had.

So all in all ok so far!

Quite encouraging, but not much of an indication as we've only had a few heavy showers, not sustained rainfall like in 1997 and 1998 or massive, unseasonal flooding like in 2005, so there's no comparison. Plus there aren't 150,000 people wandering around churning the ground up so the fact that the site isnt flooding or churning up isn't really that remarkable.

THEY are describing the drainage as doing a good job, are you an expect on this drainage system now, the fact that it's drying pretty quickly is good too, The drainage is their to prevent a 1997/1998 and a 2005.

It's also had a year off, freak weather conditions may produce a 1997/1998 or a 2005, but i'm sure that area of the country will have had more than the odd shower.

IF THEY are happy with it, then that's the positive news, this thread is just really negative, ok it may rain, but no one is even sure how long this weather or how much will fall, I'm sure seeing as it's the tail end of a much wider amount of rain, then it will be less than the most pessmistic.

If Glastonbury had suffered the freak flooding and horrible weather further north then i would be seriously worried, but hell it's not according to people around the site and the area.

The storm in Birmingham ended about 40 minutes ago, had loss of power for about twenty minutes and the streets in my surrounding area were flooded. The hail seemed to be localised to the dudley/sandwell area from what i can tell, it's now a bit cloudy but very bright and warm again, even the garden seems to be drying out pretty quick - well the river running through toddler tent has dried up anyway :blink: The storm here was predicited a couple of days ago on the news so not sure what that means for the glasto weather forecast but I thought they couldn't acurately predict till at least sunday?