What’s in the market place area of the Campervan fields?

a.shep

1 hour ago, a.shep said:

We’ve decided to take the van this year and are staying in the east quiet, what type of stalls are in campervan fields? I’m guessing just burger van type set ups? 

https://www.facebook.com/oldskoolbusandkitchen is confirmed in E20, they do breakfasts and toasties later in the day I think. 😊

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, a.shep said:

We’ve decided to take the van this year and are staying in the east quiet, what type of stalls are in campervan fields? I’m guessing just burger van type set ups? 

Not much. A few food stalls. One van there last year in E17 was never selling any of the actual food on its list but would knock you up a half decent bacon sandwich for three hours in the day. Closer to gate C there’s the aforementioned school bus and the bakery that’s down near T&C. I imagine it’s not the richest pickings up there for traders. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, thats about what I imagined. Was just wondering whether to take some more food supplies, mostly for the Tuesday afternoon and mornings if I don’t fancy a bacon butty. 

I would definitely cater for Tuesday - if only because there's not much else to do except enjoy campsite life, cook up a feast and crack open some tinnies in anticipation. Nothing like it though, there's something quite special about being able to spend ages setting up camp because you just can't have any FOMO about getting on to the rest of the site.

I used to make myself a fresh coffee in the morning and pop something on for breakfast, but I would be very unlikely to eat the rest of the time at camp so think this sounds a good idea. Also had a load of snacks for when I got back at night, and sometimes knowing I could go home for a little ritz cracker and a cup of tea would tip the balance between staying out too late! 

• Thanks 1

That’s really helpful thanks. I’ll make sure to pack food for Tuesday and a few breakfasts. Guarantee by Friday morning I won’t be in a fit state to be cooking a fry up! 

On 5/28/2024 at 6:50 PM, a.shep said:

That’s really helpful thanks. I’ll make sure to pack food for Tuesday and a few breakfasts. Guarantee by Friday morning I won’t be in a fit state to be cooking a fry up! 

I tell you what though - waking up in that unfit state in a campervan and remembering waking up in that unfit state in a tent when you do so. It feels like the Ritz! (I imagine, having never stopped there)

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 11:27 PM, irnkrtn said:

Not much. A few food stalls. One van there last year in E17 was never selling any of the actual food on its list but would knock you up a half decent bacon sandwich for three hours in the day. Closer to gate C there’s the aforementioned school bus and the bakery that’s down near T&C. I imagine it’s not the richest pickings up there for traders. 

That's too long to wait for a bacon sandwich 🤭