Jump to content
  • Join our community!

    Join over 250K members and chat about all things festivals.

What’s in the market place area of the Campervan fields?


a.shep
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, a.shep said:

We’ve decided to take the van this year and are staying in the east quiet, what type of stalls are in campervan fields? I’m guessing just burger van type set ups? 

https://www.facebook.com/oldskoolbusandkitchen is confirmed in E20, they do breakfasts and toasties later in the day I think. 😊

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, a.shep said:

We’ve decided to take the van this year and are staying in the east quiet, what type of stalls are in campervan fields? I’m guessing just burger van type set ups? 

Not much. A few food stalls. One van there last year in E17 was never selling any of the actual food on its list but would knock you up a half decent bacon sandwich for three hours in the day. Closer to gate C there’s the aforementioned school bus and the bakery that’s down near T&C. I imagine it’s not the richest pickings up there for traders. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, thats about what I imagined. Was just wondering whether to take some more food supplies, mostly for the Tuesday afternoon and mornings if I don’t fancy a bacon butty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would definitely cater for Tuesday - if only because there's not much else to do except enjoy campsite life, cook up a feast and crack open some tinnies in anticipation. Nothing like it though, there's something quite special about being able to spend ages setting up camp because you just can't have any FOMO about getting on to the rest of the site.

I used to make myself a fresh coffee in the morning and pop something on for breakfast, but I would be very unlikely to eat the rest of the time at camp so think this sounds a good idea. Also had a load of snacks for when I got back at night, and sometimes knowing I could go home for a little ritz cracker and a cup of tea would tip the balance between staying out too late! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s really helpful thanks. I’ll make sure to pack food for Tuesday and a few breakfasts. Guarantee by Friday morning I won’t be in a fit state to be cooking a fry up! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2024 at 6:50 PM, a.shep said:

That’s really helpful thanks. I’ll make sure to pack food for Tuesday and a few breakfasts. Guarantee by Friday morning I won’t be in a fit state to be cooking a fry up! 

I tell you what though - waking up in that unfit state in a campervan and remembering waking up in that unfit state in a tent when you do so. It feels like the Ritz! (I imagine, having never stopped there)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2024 at 11:27 PM, irnkrtn said:

Not much. A few food stalls. One van there last year in E17 was never selling any of the actual food on its list but would knock you up a half decent bacon sandwich for three hours in the day. Closer to gate C there’s the aforementioned school bus and the bakery that’s down near T&C. I imagine it’s not the richest pickings up there for traders. 

That's too long to wait for a bacon sandwich 🤭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...