Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Facebook posts today, anyone reckon all the beni staff have topped themselves after last night's football?

Today is bank holiday in Spain. Nothing to do with football... Everybody was expecting in Spain that we were going to be out of the world cup really soon. Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético players have finished the season totally destroyed. So.... Good luck to England!!!

I know we aren't expecting big acts now, I am over that.

But actually they may not be in a bad position with filling these last few acts, yes there will be smaller lesser known acts and dj's.

But most acts have summer plans sorted, some will have gaps in their schedule, and this may be where Beni can approach them to see if they fancy an extra gig in the sun.

Doubt it will happen but Frank Turner plays Friday in England and Sunday in Holland, not saying he would play Thursday in Spain but if the money is ok, he will have his crew and whatever in place, so why not do another night. Ive just picked on Frank Turner as an example, but there are others who are on the circuit.

Granted the chance of exclusives or major headliners will have gone but if you are getting the ones who appear everywhere then at least they will beef up a line up and increase the excitement??

Maybe just another whiff of optimism from me, who knows????

Doubt it will happen but Frank Turner plays Friday in England and Sunday in Holland, not saying he would play Thursday in Spain but if the money is ok, he will have his crew and whatever in place, so why not do another night. Ive just picked on Frank Turner as an example, but there are others who are on the circuit.

Frank's such a journeyman it's likely, although Franks a lot bigger now in size, I'd say he's on par with Weller/Bugg these days, he's a hard one to define how big he actually is.

I'd love it though, probably my favourite artist going, definitely be fun for a hour slot in the sun.

Not really, Tame Impala aren't headliners. Weller or even Example would be more suited.

I'm not even being biased because I dislike Tame Impala, but look at the size of Tame Impala compared to the arenas other artists on that line up play.

Example?! what the fuck dude, you might as well leave Tinie Tempah! I know you're not a Tame Impala fan Muzzy but they put on an amazing show and are a proper band. That get the crowd going with their music not running around the stage telling the crowd to get hyped. If they continue the way they're going they will just get bigger and bigger. I would love to se what Tame Impala could do given the big stage and main time slot.

Example?! what the fuck dude, you might as well leave Tinie Tempah! I know you're not a Tame Impala fan Muzzy but they put on an amazing show and are a proper band. That get the crowd going with their music not running around the stage telling the crowd to get hyped. If they continue the way they're going they will just get bigger and bigger. I would love to se what Tame Impala could do given the big stage and main time slot.

Only going by the Example statement because I know he's headlined Creamfields, SW4 and Snowbombing etc, don't think Tinie's headlined anything before.

It's all well and good Tame Impala being good live, but so are a lot of other bands out there, doesn't mean they should necessarily be made headliners. I loved the live show Hurts put on last year, but I still don't think they would make a good headliner.

Edited by Fozzy Foster

Only going by the Example statement because I know he's headlined Creamfields, SW4 and Snowbombing etc, don't think Tinie's headlined anything before.

It's all well and good Tame Impala being good live, but so are a lot of other bands out there, doesn't mean they should necessarily be made headliners. I loved the live show Hurts put on last year, but I still don't think they would make a good headliner.

Hurts would still be a better headliner than Tinie Tempah. Obviously they are not a headline band, nor are Tame Impala, but we're beyond that now. The Courteeners would even be a better headliner than Tinie Tempah.

Being completely honest from what I have seen of The Parrots over the last couple of months I would even prefer to see them have a crack being in Spain an all. (it's a bit of an exaggeration, but pretty much any decent band would trump TT)

Edited by Mokes

Hurts would still be a better headliner than Tinie Tempah. Obviously they are not a headline band, nor are Tame Impala, but we're beyond that now. The Courteeners would even be a better headliner than Tinie Tempah.

Being completely honest from what I have seen of The Parrots over the last couple of months I would even prefer to see them have a crack being in Spain an all. (it's a bit of an exaggeration, but pretty much any decent band would trump TT)

Don't think you got what I meant, In terms of being a better headliner, half the line up would be "better".

I was talking in terms of act size rather than the quality of the act.

If it was based on who would be the better act then Tinie Tempah would be pretty near the bottom, I wasn't saying he should headline because he'd put on the best performance.

Due to various different reasons involving work and holidays then flights wont be able to arrive at the camp until the Thursday night which isn't ideal, so was just wondering what it will be like trying to get a camping spot on the Thursday night? Can imagine it will be pretty packed.

Due to various different reasons involving work and holidays then flights wont be able to arrive at the camp until the Thursday night which isn't ideal, so was just wondering what it will be like trying to get a camping spot on the Thursday night? Can imagine it will be pretty packed.

I've arrived at that time before, still plenty of spaces to camp, but no shade, that's always gone by Tuesday! Last year, the campsite was only half full and would expect similar this year with the lineup