Way Out West (Sweden)

Guest iagreeyes

http://www.wayoutwest.se/english

Anyone ever been? I had never heard of it to be honest but i like the look of its layout. Seems kind of like Primavera.

Anyone know if more names are likely to be announced?

Previous line ups look stronger if im honest.

Really really like the look of the layout though, based in the city with club shows later on etc.

Tomma01, are you from Sweden?

Would you have any general advice on the festival regrding accomodation, food, drink etc. There doesn't seem to be much online in English.

Like, is the festival expensive for food and drink etc?What are the crowds like?

Thanks for any help!

Sorry for the late answer, forgot about this thread. Accomodation is good to book in advance, not only is it Way Out West but the same weekend there's something called Göteborgskalaset which is like a free city party with different artists and stuff. The food and drinks in the festival area are quite expensive and you can only drink alcohol in certain restricted areas. The good thing is that since the festical is in a huge (beautiful) park, there's a lot of space for sitting outside with your own alcohol and then go into the festival when the act you want to see is on. The crowds are kind of hipsterish but friendly. Since there's no camping people really dress up for every day and you get some people that's obviously not there for jumping around in mud but the majority are music lovers. Just ask if you've got some more questions!

Thanks!

Where are you from yourself? Like, do you mean the food/drink is expensive relative to other countries? Or relative to normal Gothengurg prices?

Also, what's this about restricted alcohol areas? How does that work? Sounds kind of wierd.

Would you recommend it as a festival?

We've been to a few other European fests but this one appeals because it's based around the city etc. Seems really cool. Would hope there's a good a buzz around the clubs etc for the stay out west gigs.

Sorry about the questions. Just trying to find out more about it and hoping the festival suits us :) Thanks for your help!

I'm from Sweden myself but if my memory's correct, the beer is as much as at a night club in Stockholm/Gothenburg, like 5 euros for 40 cl. The restricted alcohol areas are really just to be able to have people under 18 at the festival, it's like a sort of plastic fence around parts of the festival where you're only admitted if you're over 18.

I really recommend it, it's got brilliant acts, it's located beautifully and the club part of it is really good (given that you'll get in). Because there is problems getting into club with the most popular cluub artists if you want to see the headliner at the festival area. If there's something you really want to see at a club, you probably have to give the big headliner a miss.