URGENT LIFT NEEDED

Guest kojacko

Hello everybody, we are getting scared now ah ha, we are struggling to find ways of getting to V for a reasonable price!

Just wondering if I could have a little more info on the lift sharing, me and one other friend are needing a lift THERE (not back) to Weston park so I'm sure we'd be able to cough up enough money together easy :D

1. Would you be willing to pick us up from SHEFFIELD/ROTHERAM/LINCOLN/HULL/GRIMSBY/DONCASTER/Sc**tHORPE?

2. How much will it cost us?

3. Friday morning?

We will have very little in terms of bags/tent, we have a tiny tiny tent bag, about four small satchel bags between us and two small compact-able camping chairs.

We are both sensible ex-college students going to university in September so we can be very well behaved if you do so wish, but can also have a laugh and a joke if the time is right, we will be travelling to V Fest after all!

It's probably best for you to add us both on Facebook if you have any concerns about us potentially being dodgy... :D

Thank you from Jacko (http://en-gb.facebook.com/ryan.a.jackson) and Jonathan who you will have to search for on facebook as Jonathan 'Bmo' Brown

It's known as the 'Scu-nthorpe Problem', one of many...

I've looked at public transport and the cheapest is around £30 for a single trip...

£10 to Meadowhall in Sheffield, £5 for a megabus from Sheffield to Birmingham, £7 from Birmingham to Wolverhampton and then £8 from Wolverhampton to Weston Park, costing us £60 between two people, I'd hope liftsharing would be a liiiittle cheaper than that.

Being from Sc**thorpe (a third world country separate from England), we are pretty much skint if we have to use public transport.

:'(

bunking the train would be far to risky, we also thought about hitch hiking, this is also a bit risky due to the fact that some people wait hours and hours for a lift! It's a £42 single, we do not need return.

I've thought about going for a child's ticket, I'm nearly 19 though I get on local bus' as a 15 year old, the thing is, there is no way to prove you are a child as when 15/16 you don't have any form of I.D. apart from maybe a passport.

Reckon hitching would be very do-able, well if you can get a friend/family to give you a lift to the M6

If you have a sign saying which junction you want dropping off on the M6 you'd get a lift pretty quickly I reckon, then once you get off the Motorway most of the traffic will be V destined anyway and more than happy to help out, I'll pick you up if I see you lol

you could def jump in with us, we have 2 spare spaces. Send me a PM on here. We were aiming to set off early doors on Fri. Could maybe pick you up from Sheffield, if you could get near a certain junction, so we don't really have to go out of our way!

It would be best if you could get a train to Wakefield though...