Do 2 bands ever get the 2 hour slot?

Guest cally8793

I was thinking the exact same thing. If this happens thought there is more chance of bad clashes due to sub's playing earlier and GnR/Blink both playing through the top two on the NME.

I suppose there is one bit of good news in all of this.... The Libertines won't be getting an extended sub-headlining slot.

i dont think blink could do a 2 hours set, i think blink could do 1 hour 40 max, unless they fill gaps between songs with a lot of random banter which theyve been known to do

GNR could easily do a two hour set, on their current world tour they do 3 hours packed, and when i saw them 4 years back doing a download warm up gig at hammersmith they did 2 hours 50 or somthing like that

New Found Glory & Jimmy Eat World aren't exactly Mike's thing either but they still headline and Melvin has the final say in all things.

In any case all I'm saying is if BFS are gonna play it'll be as Lock Up headliners as that's the only place left for them.

Bowling for Soup are definately capable of headlining the lock-up. They are certainly no smaller than the likes of Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, New Found Glory and Billy Talent all of whom have headlined in recent years. Musically they're not far removed from those bands either and have alot of fans in the rock community (they got a great reception playing before Machine Head and Slayer on year at Download)

They're great fun live and put in a hell of a show, anyone doubting their chops as potential headliners is severely misinformed.

Bowling for Soup are definately capable of headlining the lock-up. They are certainly no smaller than the likes of Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, New Found Glory and Billy Talent all of whom have headlined in recent years. Musically they're not far removed from those bands either and have alot of fans in the rock community (they got a great reception playing before Machine Head and Slayer on year at Download)

They're great fun live and put in a hell of a show, anyone doubting their chops as potential headliners is severely misinformed.

Edited by Dommy

Well "High School never ends" came out around this time in 2006, since then they headlined a tour at Brixton (late 2007) and The Roundhouse (late 2009) and as such are playing bigger venues than LTJ and RBF.

I don't think recent hits are as relevant when it comes to the lock-up - if they were again the credibility of NFG, LTJ, RBF and Sick of it All would have been out of place. The lock-up is more of a forum for (albeit not always very) punkish bands who are known for putting on great live performances - which BFS are (oh and "no hablo ingles", "hooray for beer" and "a really cool dance song" are of the latest album and are tunes!)