Best time to leave the site when driving?

Guest musiclove123

We tend to pack all of our stuff up late Sunday afternoon and shove it in the care and ust leave the tent and bed set up. Then set the alarm for 5am on Monday morning and leg it with tent t the car. Off site by 6am and then off to campsite in Dorset to chill for a few days. We were set up at the campsite by 10am this time round. It was so confusing, felt like I had been awake all day already.

As has been said this has so much to do with where you're parked. I was on driving duty this year and we packed up and left at around 7am on Monday. Not too bad but it meant the Sunday wasn't too much fun and the drive back to Hampshire would have been even more difficult without the two cans of red bull...

We have always left on the Monday around lunchtime, after last years 5 hour trip to Bristol we decided to stay on site until 4ish on the Monday. Best thing we ever did. Hung around the Stone Circle inj the blazing sunshine with lots of similar like minded people. Chatting about the weekend, chasing a greyhound around I kid you not & generally having a great time, only took us 8 hours to get home which would have been the same as if we set of at dinner time. So we intend to carry this on.

It may be sad watching the site disintegrate in front of your eyes, even by 4 the Pyramid was a shell with no stage gear left!!!

A great way to wind down from the festival though.

I don't get why people would leave on teh Sunday, surely the Sunday is a day of drinking too???