The Specials

Guest Jonny!

What did we all think of these? Great perfomance I think but I reckon much better in a smaller arena/hall type setting. I was quite disappointed by the crowd drawn, but after Lily Allen, earlier going off for a fag break and saying she wasn't allowed to smoke, and then Terry Hall just coming on for The Specials intro, shirt unbuttoned, fag in mouth was just the coolest thing ever! "There's a smoking ban on stage, f**k THAT."

Edited by Jonny!

What did we all think of these? Great perfomance I think but I reckon much better in a smaller arena/hall type setting. I was quite disappointed by the crowd drawn, but after Lily Allen, earlier going off for a fag break and saying she wasn't allowed to smoke, and then Terry Hall just coming on for The Specials intro, shirt unbuttoned, fag in mouth was just the coolest thing ever! "There's a smoking ban on stage, f**k THAT."

Say whattttt, the Specials were amazing, yeah they do suit sweaty inside venues more but I loved there set. Terry Hall is a w*nker and a class guy at the same time always has been that way, I'm a Cov lad so I'm also quite biased haha

The Specials were really great. We were near the front but had some room to jump about without annoying people. The line about Galatasaray was a little on the dodgy side, but Neville Staples more than made up for Terry Hall's more dodgy moments!

Human League and Pendulum make up the other two from my top 3... All in all a great weekend but I am now dying with flu drinking Lemsip!

The Specials were great, I have a class video of all my group who are in the 25 - 45 category and we were dancing like ska loonies, meanwhile there are about 5 or 6 teenagers trying to work out what the hell we are doing! Then at the end Ghost Town comes on and they were like oh my god and started dancing (better than we were but we had the ska rhythm).

Terry has always been controversial but that's part of the act, his band rocked the place.

I wouldn't have been that bothered if he had just said "Leeds fans can f**k off", but he went too far.

For the 'none football fans' reading this, basically, 2 Leeds fans got stabbed to death by Galatasaray fans a few years ago, so Terry Hall (knowing how sensitive Leeds fans are when it came to the subject of Galatasaray) said that Leeds fans could f**k off, but Galatasaray fans could stay".

About as funny as a fire in a burning orphanage.