Do you need to bring any form of I.D.?

Guest crystalized

Hi sorry its my first time to a festival ever so i just wanted to ask do you need to bring any form of identification with you? Like provisional/driving license/passport?

I passed my driving text last week and they took away my provisional license and my proper license hasn't arrived yet so all i have is my passport.. which i don't think would be a good idea to bring cos i would be screwed if i lost it...

so just wanna know if i need any i.d.? For like getting in... and like buying alcohol etc.

thanks

(sorry if there's a topic on this already but did a search and couldnt find anything so yeah...)

Yep, unless you're in your 40s, you're gonna need ID. Some people are strict serving you, others are not. I've heard of people approaching 30 being refused booze at V. Not entirely likely you'll get ID'd, but do you really want to risk it?

Alternatively, leave the passport at home and insist your mates go to the bar!

Yep, unless you're in your 40s, you're gonna need ID. Some people are strict serving you, others are not. I've heard of people approaching 30 being refused booze at V. Not entirely likely you'll get ID'd, but do you really want to risk it?

Alternatively, leave the passport at home and insist your mates go to the bar!

Nope they aren't selective at all. My mate (34) was refused at the bar all weekend because he had no ID.

I got ID'd everytime (29) and it really wound me up. Getting refused beer by a barperson who is barley old enough to drink themselves!!

Last time i went in '05 i didn't get asked once and i don't really look my age, i'm 32 but look a lot younger so people say.

Maybe they didn't ask as my hair is receeding, well i got much less this time round thanks to a weekly grade 0 that i have.

Knowing my luck i'll get asked for ID this year now that i've just sent my licence off for an address change.

I have never ever ever been id'd @ V.... dunno if I just look old or if Im lucky.... but now Im worried that I will... suppose I could take my driving licence but I mean its from 1997 and Im nearly 30 now... and they had only just come in then and the pic is shit so it could really be anyone.

My bf is 32 but everyone thinks he is younger.... he will prob get id'd... but then he will speak and people will realise a man with a voice that deep can not be pre-18!!