LIVE Q & A WITH ROCKNESS' JIM KING HERE - 7PM

Guest BestiBruce

Hi everyone,

Jim will be here at 7pm for 2 hours to answer all your questions on this year's RockNess. If you could try and post one question at a time then everyone will get a chance to ask one over the 2 hours. Please try and post them up slowly as we go along so Jim's not totally swamped right at the start!

Thankyou and hope you all enjoyed the event as much as we did!

Bruce

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Any ideas of who you have in mind for next year? I saw you asked Soulwax to be the house band for next year any more updates on that? or did you have any other artists who said they would like to come back next year? Since the headliners where announced really early in like November, will that happen again this year?

Do you think next year there will be an extra stage or tent?

What are the chances of the campsite being opened on the Thursday next year but without big performing artists just liike some live entertainment for the campers?

Also with the higher ticket prices this year will we see any effect on next years festival such as bigger names or more artists?

Will the festival be held on the 2nd weekend of June again next year? and when will the early bird tickets go on sale.

Will the website be better next year and be more updated to keep us all informed?

Last question, can you see the capacity of the festival being put up for next year?

Thanks alot pal

Stephen

Edited by stepo11

hi stephen

thanks for the questions.

for speed i'll put answers after each one.

take care

jim

Hello

Any ideas of who you have in mind for next year? I saw you asked Soulwax to be the house band for next year any more updates on that? or did you have any other artists who said they would like to come back next year? Since the headliners where announced really early in like November, will that happen again this year?

- nothing confirmed just yet but we'd love to have them back again and will work on trying to deliver it. we are still to properly debrief but i would still expect to launch some acts before xmas.

Do you think next year there will be an extra stage or tent?

- maybe but not neccesarily a large stage. i want to add in some smaller creative stages to the show. i think the 3 stages worked pretty well this year and i think we now need to add a bit more strength the line up lower down on each stage.

What are the chances of the campsite being opened on the Thursday next year but without big performing artists just liike some live entertainment for the campers?

- i dont want open the campsites on the thurs. it becomes too long and its too much of an inconvenience for the village.

Also with the higher ticket prices this year will we see any effect on next years festival such as bigger names or more artists?

- we defiantely want to keep improving the line up each year. we plan to keep the main ticket price as close to this year as possible and we have some really great early bird offer coming shortly.

Will the festival be held on the 2nd weekend of June again next year? and when will the early bird tickets go on sale.

- yes. same weekend as this year.

Will the website be better next year and be more updated to keep us all informed?

- i agree it needs some work. we need to get someone on it full time and this is happening for next year.

Last question, can you see the capacity of the festival being put up for next year?

- no i think we'll still be placed somewhere between 30k and 40k but no more for time being.

thanks

jim

Thanks alot pal

Stephen

Hey Jim, great idea having Dizze There was good to see a diverse genre any idea sofr next year

You could to be the first to bring the such like AKON to a live festival! he puts on an insanely good live show!!

Also have u considered the idea of photographers to rockness and uploadall the pics onto 1 major site. such as pics,

may I suggest a comapny now on the rise.. for taking photo'sof such events!

www.gambitlive.com

Ps. First Festival.. and thought it was great fun, will definetly be back!

Hey Jim, great idea having Dizze There was good to see a diverse genre any idea sofr next year

You could to be the first to bring the such like AKON to a live festival! he puts on an insanely good live show!!

Also have u considered the idea of photographers to rockness and uploadall the pics onto 1 major site. such as pics,

may I suggest a comapny now on the rise.. for taking photo'sof such events!

www.gambitlive.com

Ps. First Festival.. and thought it was great fun, will definetly be back!

hi

thanks and glad you had a good time.

the hill is pretty far back and whilst its a great viewing area once you start getting more than 60m away you can get this especially with the wind off the loch. it sounded really great though between the front of house and the stage and was running very loud for the headliners. much louder than any other show we do but i did notice it myself as well so its a fair point.

thanks

jim

hi

i think we will keep building it out and keep a range of acts (especially on the main stage) but we are still going to be predominently an electronic / indie festival.

we do have loads of photographers going round and we will get this up on the website shortly but i'll check out the link you sent and come back to you.

glad you had a great time

jim

Hi Jim,

Would just like to say Myself & the wife had brilliant time best one yet for defo.

Casiokids were superb on the Friday night as was the whole production for the Flaming Lips, hope this continues with other bands in the future. any chance of getting the Red hot chilli's/Leftfield/Faithless for it next year.

anyway i do have one Gripe, myself and the wife were at one of the bars and of course it was money you were handing over this year, as you know, Well my wife handed this guy a £20 note for 2 drinks and the guy came back with £10 less in the change. i noticed the fact that it was short and said to the Punk behind the bar, he went off to his manager and we got it back but then the guy behind the bar lent over to us and came out with, " that's f**king shite i nearly got away with that i've been doing it all night and i love it"

So obviously it could be happening to less suspecting people and do you think the tokens could be taken in just for the main bars again?

hi jim, thanks for such a great festival, cant believe its all over!! The only thing ill say could have been better was the security leading to the main arean, they were pretty power hungry with regards to taking alcohol off people. The one question i want to ask is will you please please please consider getting faithless next year? Thankyou

Me and a few mates all got ID'd at the bars, we are all 18 but its annoying to carry a wallet into the main arena cos if we lose it then it costs alot to get another. do you think on the bands next year there could be a certain colour for 18+ people. So like if we show our ID when we arrive at the festival we could show our ID cos we would have our wallets just to save the hassle?

Edited by stepo11

Hi Jim,

Would just like to say Myself & the wife had brilliant time best one yet for defo.

Casiokids were superb on the Friday night as was the whole production for the Flaming Lips, hope this continues with other bands in the future. any chance of getting the Red hot chilli's/Leftfield/Faithless for it next year.

anyway i do have one Gripe, myself and the wife were at one of the bars and of course it was money you were handing over this year, as you know, Well my wife handed this guy a £20 note for 2 drinks and the guy came back with £10 less in the change. i noticed the fact that it was short and said to the Punk behind the bar, he went off to his manager and we got it back but then the guy behind the bar lent over to us and came out with, " that's f**king shite i nearly got away with that i've been doing it all night and i love it"

So obviously it could be happening to less suspecting people and do you think the tokens could be taken in just for the main bars again?

Me and a few mates all got ID'd at the bars, we are all 18 but its annoying to carry a wallet into the main arena cos if we lose it then it costs alot to get another. do you think on the bands next year there could be a certain colour for 18+ people. So like if we show our ID when we arrive at the festival we could show our ID cos we would have our wallets just to save the hassle?

hi jim!

had an amazing time at rockness!!had gotten quite bored of oxegen so me and my bro came over from dublin to see if there was anythin better out there,an we definetely weren't disappointed!great place,great people and was more than happy with the line up!

any ideas as to when the early bird tics will be available?

:(