Traveling from Dublin

Guest Jelloholic

Seeing as Leeds isn’t exactly cheap, I’m trying to minimize travel costs from Dublin to the festival.

The best plan of action I can come up with is to fly to Manchester , 15 euro each way, and then get a train to Leeds. Flying to Leeds straight is more expensive, which is why I’m flying to Manchester.

An off-peak return from Manchester to Leeds is 25 pounds/30 euro, according to websites. However, will these be the prices if I don’t book them online but buy them at the station?

Also, feel free to mention any alternate travel ideas I may have missed.

• 3 weeks later...

Flights don't sound bad, are those the prices including all charges??

Yes those prices are the same if you buy at the station. However, it is worth checking out if you can get any advance discounts at trainline.com... or if say buying two tickets is cheaper than one return (i.e. return manc airport - manc piccadilly, and then return manc - leeds).

National Express coaches will no doubt be doing plenty of Manc-Leeds coaches which will probably get you right to the festival grounds. I have no idea how much these are though (others might have some idea?) and you would still need to get to Manchester city centre from the airport.

xxx

Edited by smushpuppet

Seeing as Leeds isn’t exactly cheap, I’m trying to minimize travel costs from Dublin to the festival.

The best plan of action I can come up with is to fly to Manchester , 15 euro each way, and then get a train to Leeds. Flying to Leeds straight is more expensive, which is why I’m flying to Manchester.

An off-peak return from Manchester to Leeds is 25 pounds/30 euro, according to websites. However, will these be the prices if I don’t book them online but buy them at the station?

Also, feel free to mention any alternate travel ideas I may have missed.

The Manc-Leeds train is usually a transpennine express train. The prices are usually fixed, and no amount of advanced booking changes it. For a return from Hull to Leeds it cost me £17.50.

Also, you can get the megabus from Manchester to Leeds for £1-£5.

Edited by £1.50 a pint