Benni 2011 First time Q's

Guest tjchittt86

Afternoon all,

Been going to Leeds for 10 years this summer so thought, as a treat, I'd go to Bennicassim as well. Always wanted to, it looks awesome!

Looking to get my ticket tonight, going for arriving Tuesday and camping, flying back Monday or Tuesday. Okay so far?!

Passports! I don't fancy leaving my passport in my tent at night nor really want to fall foul of me doing the samba in the arena and dropping it - are there safe lockable areas on site?

Which is the best area to camp after I have my wristband? Am I still guaranteed a spot even if I don't arrive till Tuesday?

How much money, realistically, do I need to bring? The local lidl sounds like the best bet for booze and food judging by what others have said?

One last thing that sounds a bit sad but sod it... I might be coming on mi todd because even though I'm trying to convince mates to come, it seems like money is a bit of an issue at the mo. So I'm hoping to just rock up, park mi tent meet lots of lovely people in the traditional festival sense. I'm hoping I won't be the only one!!??

Any help, suggestions etc would be much appreciated, thanks!

Edited by tjchittt86

Hello mate,

Good choice - you'll have a top time.

There are left luggage facilities where I guess you could leave your passport - to be honest I always put mine underneath my tent in a plastic bag.....the sites are pretty safe, no real problem with thieves.

You'll definitely get a spot if you arrive on Tuesday - the 3 camping areas are completely different. Bonet (opens on Monday) is pretty mental, and normally quite young - but a trek (say 30 mins) from the festival site. There is campsite by the festival site which I have always gone to - its obviously wicked for getting into the festival, but a long walk (30 mins) to the beach. The last campsite opens when the other 2 are full and is in between the festival and beach. The campsites get fecking hotby about 10am and everybody heads for the beach.

Yeah, supermarkets are good for booze and food - same as other festivals, just decant spirits and wine and then hide them as you go in....checks aren't too bad. The food in the festival is pretty crap, so we always load up from the supermarkets. The restaurants in town serve ok food and are reasonable. As for money - a mate of mine makes £150 last 4 days and another spends £600....the drinks in the festival are pretty expensive.

As for coming on yer todd - do it! Apart from the couple of knobs you get everywhere, most people are friendly....there are a few of us going, so feel free to hook with us if ya wanna.

The only other thing I would say is come prepared for the sun - you always see a few British lobsters who have fallen asleep and got toasted. Unless you are superhuman its impossible to party all day and all night in the heat, so most people take it really easy during the day, head to the beach and wait until it cools down to go mental.....loads of water and shade is the key!!!

It's my first time too this year, can't wait! Glad I saw this thread, some of the things kurgan has said have been useful :)

Got a few questions of my own, seems better posting them here than starting another thread.

What is the police presence like? I don't plan to be doing anything illegal, just wondering if they stop anyone that seems a bit drunk or whether they are fairly light-hearted about it all? I'm assuming they may have something to say if you are carrying a bottle of vodka about?

What are the locals about it all? Do they seem happy enough to have a festival on their doorstep? Are they friendly?

Heard there's a waterpark nearby? Anyone ever been to it?

What ittems would you say are essential packing? Money, passport, phone, tent and basic survival things are obvious. Any items that stand out as important? From pictures I have seen some people have metallic covers on their tents, seems like a good idea?

Also, bought a ticket for Villa Camp, has anyone stayed there? My friend was told it was worth the extra money? Anybody have any experiences of it?

Cheers

@ CookCook...

My experience is it's the most relaxed festival ever, everyone is out for a good time and up for a laugh. The locals are friendly too and just carry on their normal lives while festival crowds are there. The waterpark is on the doorstep of the festival practically and it's perfect for chillin during the day, especially if your looking for a comfortable place to catch up on some kip, there's loads of sun beds in the shade ;)

There was one thing I'd add to your list of things to bring... An air mattress to give a bit of comfort in your tent. Made all the difference to me last year. And actually ear plugs and eyemask if ya think you'll use them. I had them but didn't bother last year... Was so tired by time I did go for a few hours sleep that I'd have slept standing up. Girlfriend used them last year alright and swore by them. You can buy most things in campsite anyway, deckchairs and stuff and they don't screw ya on the price... Wouldn't bank on getting a tent though that's one thing to defo bring yourself.

As for Villacamp I can't help you there, I've never been in there.

Thanks guys, lots of great advice there.

I'm really looking forward to it. It'll make a nice change to have guaranteed sun, though I imagine I'll be longing for torrential rain by Wednesday afternoon!

Are the transport links okay on the Monday? I'll be flying to and from Reus and obv don't really want to miss my flight in a drunken/hungover/sunburnt haze!

Sure I'll think of more questions the closer we get but thanks again.

Train station on the Monday is a bit of free for all, just make sure you get to the station in plenty of time and also make sure you get on the platform in plenty of time as there are usually bodies everywhere (last night over exuberance, you know how it is!!!)

Oh and I can guarantee by Wednesday morning you'll be praying for a bit of cloud cover or even rain but as others have said there are plenty of places in town and down the beach where you can get your head down (entrance to the local leisure centre is a popular spot!!!)

It's our first time to Beni too. There are 4 of us and we've booked for villa camp, need a bit more luxury cos we're all getting on a bit!!

We've hired a car from valencia airport and flyng in tues morning. So excited! Just thinking of it as a cheapy girly holiday with festival included! Looking forward to Brandon, Arctic Monkeys, Primal Scream, The Strokes, Elbow. Really would like KOL or Radiohead but apparently that aint happening, so still happy the line up. Will make a change (hopefully) from the unpredictable weather conditions V has to offer :):rolleyes:

Heather.

Hey

First time at Beni we are driving from Saint Malo in France, just wondering what the parking situation is? Planning on staying in Bonet campsite is there Parking next to it?

Also If we arrived late Sunday 10th July would be allowed into the campsite early? Not sure where to stay the night before the campsite opens if we get down there the day before, any ideas?

Cant wait :D

Oh 1 more question we have a 5 man tepee tent do you think it will be too big?

Parking on streets in town, a car park behind the main street (may have to pay), parking on the street that runs alongside the beach, an official car park at the main festival site, parking on the street down to the train station or parking in the industrial estate next to the main festival site.

Often people camped in the car park near the main section of the beach if you get down early.