EXIT 2011

Guest hostmat

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not over. It's impossible. We still don't know the big band for Friday night and at least another big one for Saturday night.

This is the lineup so far:

- Thursday: House of Pain, Pulp, Arcade Fire

- Friday: Bad Religion, M.I.A. ... so there's room for a BIG one

- Saturday: Jamiroquai ... just one name so far. I'm sure we'll have 2 more

- Sunday: Grinderman, Portishead.

It looks very good so far but I don't think that Grinderman or Portishead are powerful enough for the closing fireworks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I'm 18 in 2 weeks and will be travelling to this festival on my own (meeting people in novi sad). What is the best way to go from the uk, I'm considering buying inter-rail tickets because I want to travel Europe for a week afterwards and visit the Balkans and maybe Krakow! Totally confused as to what would be the best way to go, travelling on the Tuesday from London or maybe the Wednesday?

Also, camping or hostel? I camped Werchter in 2009 and despite the immense heat somehow managed to survive that. Is EXIT much worse and also is exit paticularly dusty as I wear contact lenses and don't want the festival to be spoiled by that.....

Hello I'm 18 in 2 weeks and will be travelling to this festival on my own (meeting people in novi sad). What is the best way to go from the uk, I'm considering buying inter-rail tickets because I want to travel Europe for a week afterwards and visit the Balkans and maybe Krakow! Totally confused as to what would be the best way to go, travelling on the Tuesday from London or maybe the Wednesday?

Also, camping or hostel? I camped Werchter in 2009 and despite the immense heat somehow managed to survive that. Is EXIT much worse and also is exit paticularly dusty as I wear contact lenses and don't want the festival to be spoiled by that.....

The camping is part of the festival experince, so if i were you, i would bring a tent ;) About contact lenses, ive been to Werchter and Roskilde festival several times, and ive never had a problem with my contacts, and Roskilde can be really dusty. Of course i cant say anything about Exit, cuz ive never been there, but ive never had a problem on other festivals:)

The camping is part of the festival experince, so if i were you, i would bring a tent ;) About contact lenses, ive been to Werchter and Roskilde festival several times, and ive never had a problem with my contacts, and Roskilde can be really dusty. Of course i cant say anything about Exit, cuz ive never been there, but ive never had a problem on other festivals:)

where did they get the dust masks from? just in case. i wear glasses but they can be cleaned, its the thought of the mouth n nose getting all dusty, though the mouth can be soothed with a nice beer!

hoping i can defo afford this fest. do the tickets sell out at any point? getting a bit worried but have now got my hopes up so high that i dont want to not go... :unsure:

Thank you guys for your sound advice!

Now looks like I'm going to get a flight to Kiev from London on Monday the 4th and then have a day trip to Chernobyl on the 5th, getting a sleeper train that night down to Budapest and then to Novi sad arriving late on Wednesday night. What day does the camping open? I'm just wondering would I have to stay in a hostel on the Wednesday night or not?

I can vouch for the dust. '09 wasn't too bad but '08 we had no rain at all and it was like a desert by the last night. I ended up wrapping my shirt around my face looking like some kind of bandit!

Plenty of water definitely helps but it is something to be mindful of if you're asthmatic etc.

It's a lot better than being knee deep in mud though and a price well worth paying for the good weather!

Day splits have been announced. Link here.

Thursday - Arcade Fire, Pulp, Deadmau5, House of Pain, James Zabiela, Beirut

Friday - MIA, Editors, Carl Craig, Underworld, Maya Jane Coles

Saturday - Jamiroquai, Groove Armada, Fedde Legrand, Hadouken, DJ Sneak

Sunday - Portishead, Digitalism, Grinderman, Kalkbrenner,Steve Aoki

Thursday looks pretty tasty to me...

Derm B)

thursday looks cool. i am going to need to miss the sunday to fly home, or if the bank balance doesnt balance out a bit more in my favour i might need to cancel....boo. or win the lottery...fingers crossed!!

or just cut down on food for a bit. haha. the flights are quite expensive and also need to get from up scotland to london to fly out.but i really really wanna go to this fest. it sounds so amazing, everyone has said such great things, and those secret bars, i wanna find them! haha. :D

thursday looks cool. i am going to need to miss the sunday to fly home, or if the bank balance doesnt balance out a bit more in my favour i might need to cancel....boo. or win the lottery...fingers crossed!!

or just cut down on food for a bit. haha. the flights are quite expensive and also need to get from up scotland to london to fly out.but i really really wanna go to this fest. it sounds so amazing, everyone has said such great things, and those secret bars, i wanna find them! haha. :D

EXIT are currently running a competition to win 2 x Tickets, Flights (from London) and Accomodation

For full details and to enter CLICK HERE1974.jpg

It's a treasure hunt type competition and there are 10 blogs involved giving out a clue each per day from Monday 30th May - Wednesday 8th June - All the clues allude to the name of an act set to appear at EXIT this summer

EXIT are currently running a competition to win 2 x Tickets, Flights (from London) and Accomodation

For full details and to enter CLICK HERE1974.jpg

It's a treasure hunt type competition and there are 10 blogs involved giving out a clue each per day from Monday 30th May - Wednesday 8th June - All the clues allude to the name of an act set to appear at EXIT this summer