Camping with friends next to Campervan?

Guest daviem

Hey all

I've got my ticket for next year and reaaaaaallllly looking forward to it and, although I'm a festival 'veteran', I'm a Glastovirgin!

There are 7 of us in total travelling down but 5 of us will be staying in a Campervan, will the other 2 who are travelling by car be able to access the Campervan site to pitch their tent next to us or will they need to travel with us in the Campervan to gain entry at the start?

I suppose what I'm asking is, do you get a Campervan wristband or can anyone with a ticket to the main festival site just come and go onto the Campervan site as they please?

Hope that all makes sense?

D

They will be able to camp next to you. Last year we were told one tent per campervan, but it wasn't enforced. They will have to park in the main car parks so it will be a LOOOOONG walk! There's no "campervan field" wristband.

It's very difficult to reserve space next to your van, so your best bet will be to put the tent up for them as soon as you arrive.

Water and loos in the campervan field are totally inadequate to non-existent, so bring bottles and buckets...

Edited by Pootle

Anyone can access the campervan fields as they are outside the entry gates. One obvious suggestion - take your friend's tent with you and all their stuff so they dont have to lug it out of the festival once parked up somewhere miles away from you. The area around your camper really is dependent on when you arrive and the steward on duty - usually youngsters who can be convinced into giving a decent enough space for your awning, extra tent etc. For the last few years there seems to have been very little checking on one tent per van rule - some had 3 around them . As long as fire lanes are kept clear there should be no worries. Another tip - fill up with water as soon as you arrive -with more than ever think you will need - the queue in the mornings at the standpipes after a few days can waste too many hours of your festival

Here is the official line on it from the festival site. So you will be fine with one tent but not a car, as this only applies to caravans.

Can my car be kept beside the caravan in the campervan/caravan field?

Yes, there is space for one car to be parked beside the caravan. However, any other member of your party arriving separately by car will need to purchase a car parking ticket for £15 and park in the public car parks. For more information on car parking tickets, see the Tickets page for details.

Can I pitch a tent beside my caravan/campervan?

The Fire Officer will not allow ticket-holders to camp beside campervans or cars due to the risk of contiguous fire, but it is permitted to camp behind them.

Edited by StoneCircle

nah, it'll only be the my van and awning (which is pretty big) although I'm not worried about getting enough space for it and sleeping in the awning will only happen if mates get a tent nicked or in the event of torrential rain.

I don't really get the behind / beside thing although its not an issue for me at the moment so not worried, just curious really.

nah, it'll only be the my van and awning (which is pretty big) although I'm not worried about getting enough space for it and sleeping in the awning will only happen if mates get a tent nicked or in the event of torrential rain.

I don't really get the behind / beside thing although its not an issue for me at the moment so not worried, just curious really.