Benicassim essentials!

Guest sproston_greeen

Loving this thread great idea.

This will be my first year at Beni too. But we decided on a hotel in Oropesa. Does any one have any must haves, don't do's when staying that little bit away from the main area.

In my head the only problems I can think of is missing/ queing for our bus to the arena in the evening.

Also a bit concerned we might miss out on some of the shenanigans that go down in the afternoon in the camp-sites and Beni beach.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a must......get yourself to the silent disco!!!

for everyone who's getting a cool box, they sell bags of ice at the campsite bar, saves you lugging ice all the way from the supermarkets. and it's always a good idea to keep a bottle of water in it overnight to have a cold drink in the morning

Silent disco is great fun.

Also that little pool in the red bull area is cool - well early evening it's cool - late evening it's usually full of people wrestling in there, and the water is minging.

When eating the pizza's from the tent on the campsite - be careful not to lose the top of the inside of your mouth, as the Pizza's are always 1,000,000,001 degrees.

Silent disco is great fun.

Also that little pool in the red bull area is cool - well early evening it's cool - late evening it's usually full of people wrestling in there, and the water is minging.

When eating the pizza's from the tent on the campsite - be careful not to lose the top of the inside of your mouth, as the Pizza's are always 1,000,000,001 degrees.

this is a must......get yourself to the silent disco!!!

for everyone who's getting a cool box, they sell bags of ice at the campsite bar, saves you lugging ice all the way from the supermarkets. and it's always a good idea to keep a bottle of water in it overnight to have a cold drink in the morning

Overall, including travel in Spain I reckon I'm spending about 400.

50 quid: Barca to Beni / vice-versa train

150: Alcohol (100 out of arena/ 50 in)

100: Food

100: Night out in Barca/ possible extras

I'm curbing some of the costs by bringing breakfast bars/small meals like cereals. Other festivals I've gone to I've just spent a fortune on overpriced meals at stools.

I hope I'm not bringing too little but it's just about as much as I can bring!

500 will be plenty, i spent 500 last year and spent way too much on drink in the arena, and wont be doing that this year. food from supermarket is cheap, i remember eating peanut butter sandwiches and massive bags of cheetos every day and it kept me going fine!

Does anyone know if you can get anything that would help reflect the sun from your tent!? Would one of the things they put on the windscreen of cars over there maybe help or would it just get nicked!??

And how's the beach for grabbing a bit of shade and catching up on some zzz's, would you have to get there early to get a good spot. Wouldn't pay for the waterpark everyday.

Also, is there much to do during the day or is that strictly for recovery from the night before!!?

Not long to go now :angry:

So i thought a wee thread for people to suggest stuff that is needed or useful to take or buy when you get there to survive camping in that heat!!

So i'll start with....

• Suggesting not too bring too many clothes, you won't need more than 1 pair of jeans, shorts and swim shorts. travelling light will help you when you've got a tent to cart through the town

• Shower at the waterpark or on the beach to beat the queues at the campsites

• If you're there early enough to buy a cool box - DO IT!

• Sleep outside on a li-lo or if you can get 2 trees, a hammock. It's too hot to sleep in the tent, use the tent for storage

So what are you bringing that you think you just can't do without?

3 years ago there was a hardware shop on the main street which sold cord and large gauze sheets 4M x 4M which did a brilliant job fending off the worst of the sun if you string it up between the trees. It's a bit of a ball ache actually stringing it up but once you do it pays off in spades, so much cooler, so much shadier ! The 4x4 Metre one covered our 5 tents and the space in middle easily.

If the shop is still there it's towards the festival end of the main street, left hand side ( as you look toward the arena ) a bit before the Irish bar but they do seem to be on a semi permanent siesta and are open for an hour or so in the morning and then again in the late afternoon.

Edited by CmdrGravy

3 years ago there was a hardware shop on the main street which sold cord and large gauze sheets 4M x 4M which did a brilliant job fending off the worst of the sun if you string it up between the trees. It's a bit of a ball ache actually stringing it up but once you do it pays off in spades, so much cooler, so much shadier ! The 4x4 Metre one covered our 5 tents and the space in middle easily.

If the shop is still there it's towards the festival end of the main street, left hand side ( as you look toward the arena ) a bit before the Irish bar but they do seem to be on a semi permanent siesta and are open for an hour or so in the morning and then again in the late afternoon.